Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Re: Utter Humiliation for Theresa May!

Cameron, Osbourne, May, Hammond, Hunt, Javid, Clegg, Cable, Milliband, Blair, Brown, Abbot, Benn, SNP,just some that voted to remain and are actively trying to subvert the decision made in 2016.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cameron, Osbourne, May, Hammond, Hunt, Javid, Clegg, Cable, Milliband, Blair, Brown, Abbot, Benn, SNP,just some that voted to remain and are actively trying to subvert the decision made in 2016.
I think that says a lot. How many of those does anyone really hold in high esteem?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:32 PM

I like Hilary Benn. He's a proper politician not a clown.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:56 PM

My dear gumbud...YOU,old bean, are of even less consequence than a 2nd-hand 'Boris Bike'. [which,btw,were first introduced by Ken Livingstone and should therefore be known as 'Kenny Farthings] The wonderful and inspiring Shropshire Girl is saying only what so many of us are thinking...but apparently, we of lesser importance, we of mere working backgrounds, we who don't have a background of either Oxford or Cambridge [one attended Northumberland University,oneself...ergo,one is utter scum] or, of course Eton;we who HAVEN'T had our photo taken doing unspeakable things with a pig[!!!] we who DON'T get totally bladdered,then totally forget our small daughter, leaving her alone and frightened in a pub,as our chauffeur smoothly scoots us back to our vastly overpriced mansion....well....WE,old chap, are the people who will have to actually sort this sh!t out, once the dust settles. It matters not one jot what happens now-the divisions today are as as deeply held as were the divisions during the War of The Roses, the Puritan Scourge-even though today we are [apparently] more tolerant, understanding and accepting of those with different opinions. HOWEVER-that does NOT mean we let a fat, ungentlemanly,cowardly,expenses-fiddling,overpaid beaurocratic prat, who was nowhere to be seen when the sh!t hit the fan regarding terrorism attacks, dictate to us...US,my dear boy, what terms HE will accept! He-and Merkel-can SOD OFF! This whole debacle has proven just how little the very people we supported twice, when their wonderful little world went tits-up,actually think of us. Ohh,yes,they want to use our [free] NHS,they want to sign-on to get our benefits, claiming to be homeless, thus being pushed to the front of the housing queues because we're effing TERRIFIED of being called 'racist' if we tell them to sod off and stop taking the piss....ohhhh,bruv,you have NO ideation your sunny haven, just how taught the string has become here in this Green & Pleasant. It won't take much more bullsh!t or tension, for it to snap. Shropshire Girl is merely saying what a LOT of people are thinking...but are too afeared of the 'ist' brigade to say out loud. Take back control of our country, get our Merchant Navy back in working order...and let's all go to Australia...ol' gumbud'll have the kettle on!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:25 AM

Hi

An alternative view, no surprise.

We invoked Article 50 with no plan and no preparations in place.

We knew that once invoked, we had 2 years max.

It was invoked with the battle cry, No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

We set our Red Lines, give us what we want or we leave with No Deal.

The EU have looked at our Red Lines and said No, unacceptable.

Our Bluff has been called, it was not a good stance to take.

The next thing we did was even more bizarre.

We went along to the EU and said, sorry, we are not ready to leave, we need a transition Period.

The EU said fine, it will cost you £19 Billion.

We said OK, in effect handing all our cards to the EU.

We have humiliated ourselves.

International trade is dog eat dog, we have shown ourselves to be complete prats.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

It was invoked with the battle cry, No Deal is better than a Bad Deal... + the rest of your post
Indeed. Although I have disagreed with Annie about whether we should have spent time and money thinking though a plan for an "out" vote, before the referendum, I agree entirely with her and you that time should have been spent developing a coherent set of possible negotiating points and solutions to likely problems with the EU before invoking Article 50.

Given that Cameron jacked it in, the new leader was provided with a honeymoon period of grace to have taken her time and work with as many interested groups to try to synthesize and end up with a degree of compromised demands which may well have prevented the clear rift within her own party.

Act in haste, now we'll all have to repent at leisure.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I like Hilary Benn. He's a proper politician not a clown.
Yes I like Hilary Benn too...actually he was a mentor to my daughter when she was at uni and I have met him on a few occasions at various events. As you say a real politician and deserves respect whether or not you agree with his politics.

Not sure what will happen now with Brexit...I will be honest I wish we could turn the clock back, I voted leave but if there was another referendum I would probably abstain.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I like Hilary Benn too...actually he was a mentor to my daughter when she was at uni and I have met him on a few occasions at various events. As you say a real politician and deserves respect whether or not you agree with his politics.

Not sure what will happen now with Brexit...I will be honest I wish we could turn the clock back, I voted leave but if there was another referendum I would probably abstain.
I think that demonstrates my point Summer! The selfish remainers, who couldn't accept the result of a democratic vote, are now hoping to get another referendum and many who voted leave see little point in continuing the fight.
Cameron thought he could give us a referendum, he expected a remain vote and could then shut Farrage and UKIP up!

There were many people saying that Brexit could never happen, even after the vote, and they have done everything they can to make sure it doesn't.

If Brexit doesn't happen, I will be ashamed to live in a country where democracy no longer exists.
If Brexit doesn't take place and we go to a general election...I wonder how many ways people will find to stop a party becoming our government, just because it was a tight vote?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by pug ->
my dear gumbud...you,old bean, are of even less consequence than a 2nd-hand 'boris bike'. [which,btw,were first introduced by ken livingstone and should therefore be known as 'kenny farthings] the wonderful and inspiring shropshire girl is saying only what so many of us are thinking...but apparently, we of lesser importance, we of mere working backgrounds, we who don't have a background of either oxford or cambridge [one attended northumberland university,oneself...ergo,one is utter scum] or, of course eton;we who haven't had our photo taken doing unspeakable things with a pig[!!!] we who don't get totally bladdered,then totally forget our small daughter, leaving her alone and frightened in a pub,as our chauffeur smoothly scoots us back to our vastly overpriced mansion....well....we,old chap, are the people who will have to actually sort this sh!t out, once the dust settles. It matters not one jot what happens now-the divisions today are as as deeply held as were the divisions during the war of the roses, the puritan scourge-even though today we are [apparently] more tolerant, understanding and accepting of those with different opinions. However-that does not mean we let a fat, ungentlemanly,cowardly,expenses-fiddling,overpaid beaurocratic prat, who was nowhere to be seen when the sh!t hit the fan regarding terrorism attacks, dictate to us...us,my dear boy, what terms he will accept! He-and merkel-can sod off! This whole debacle has proven just how little the very people we supported twice, when their wonderful little world went tits-up,actually think of us. Ohh,yes,they want to use our [free] nhs,they want to sign-on to get our benefits, claiming to be homeless, thus being pushed to the front of the housing queues because we're effing terrified of being called 'racist' if we tell them to sod off and stop taking the piss....ohhhh,bruv,you have no ideation your sunny haven, just how taught the string has become here in this green & pleasant. It won't take much more bullsh!t or tension, for it to snap. Shropshire girl is merely saying what a lot of people are thinking...but are too afeared of the 'ist' brigade to say out loud. Take back control of our country, get our merchant navy back in working order...and let's all go to australia...ol' gumbud'll have the kettle on!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It was invoked with the battle cry, No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

We set our Red Lines, give us what we want or we leave with No Deal.

The EU have looked at our Red Lines and said No, unacceptable.

Our Bluff has been called, it was not a good stance to take.

The next thing we did was even more bizarre.

We went along to the EU and said, sorry, we are not ready to leave, we need a transition Period.

The EU said fine, it will cost you £19 Billion.

We said OK, in effect handing all our cards to the EU.

We have humiliated ourselves.

International trade is dog eat dog, we have shown ourselves to be complete prats.
Not 'we'; our incompetent politicians.

I'd have just walked away and resolved to pay them nothing.

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top