Join for free
Page 159 of 370 « First < 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Nice to see you back Ruthio, It's been a few years since I visited Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest, had a great time but I bet it's changed a lot since then.....
Whoa! Rolling Stones..........Awesome!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you Surfermom, safe journey and will you be catching sight of the active volcano that's causing trouble? And while you are there, find some hills to run up, because they are as rare as 'Hen's Teeth' in Florida......And they make for brilliant training.....

I can't just kick off my running shoes Floydy, without undoing the laces first.....
Anyway, don't worry about me for the next two weeks, just go and have a great time...
You've done all the work now take the applause as you chill out in sunnier climes, you've certainly earned a good rest......Have a great holiday mate....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:35 PM

stop messing about OGF and sugar coating everyone - get out there with a full knapsack and start some serious running or ya dead!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
stop messing about OGF and sugar coating everyone - get out there with a full knapsack and start some serious running or ya dead!!
Yes Sergeant.....Shaking it here boss.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-05-2018, 08:31 PM

It seems a bit quiet on here just lately, with Gumbud and me filling in for Surfermom and Floydy....

My piriformis was unusually painful yesterday, making everyday tasks difficult, although despite this we had a very nice visit to York, and the forecasted rain never really materialised.

It was still grumbling this morning as I started out on my Thursday five mile walk/Jog, but it was one of those special mornings when moisture hung in the air making it seem warm and muggy and mist obscured anything more than half a mile away. The silence of the countryside was deafening as I made my way across a field and into a small housing estate. The need to run was overwhelming, so much so, that after just a half mile warm up I broke into a relaxed jogging pace.

I passed through the estate and into the woods at the end of a cul-de-sac, it felt good to pad through the debris on the forest floor and it seemed like I was hovering just inches from the ground, I was alone with my thoughts in the deserted woods. I resisted the urge to increase the pace as it felt so comfortable to continue to meander along with very little discomfort. I realised how much I had missed this feeling of wellbeing over the last four months.

I was spurred on by the thought that I would not run again until Sunday, and so that would give me two whole days to recover from this mornings outing, so I would make the most of it. This I did, after managing to jog all the way home and still able to stoop down to remove my running shoes without too much aggro.....

Sixty Six minutes to complete the five mile route, not world record class by any means, but enough to restore my confidence in the belief that I will return to fitness eventually, if I just have the patience to go slow and easy......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes Sergeant.....Shaking it here boss.....
are ya working boy?

""yas boss - I'ze working boss"

'cos if yuz aint workin boy I'm gonna kick ya arse'
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

31-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It seems a bit quiet on here just lately, with Gumbud and me filling in for Surfermom and Floydy....

My piriformis was unusually painful yesterday, making everyday tasks difficult, although despite this we had a very nice visit to York, and the forecasted rain never really materialised.

It was still grumbling this morning as I started out on my Thursday five mile walk/Jog, but it was one of those special mornings when moisture hung in the air making it seem warm and muggy and mist obscured anything more than half a mile away. The silence of the countryside was deafening as I made my way across a field and into a small housing estate. The need to run was overwhelming, so much so, that after just a half mile warm up I broke into a relaxed jogging pace.

I passed through the estate and into the woods at the end of a cul-de-sac, it felt good to pad through the debris on the forest floor and it seemed like I was hovering just inches from the ground, I was alone with my thoughts in the deserted woods. I resisted the urge to increase the pace as it felt so comfortable to continue to meander along with very little discomfort. I realised how much I had missed this feeling of wellbeing over the last four months.

I was spurred on by the thought that I would not run again until Sunday, and so that would give me two whole days to recover from this mornings outing, so I would make the most of it. This I did, after managing to jog all the way home and still able to stoop down to remove my running shoes without too much aggro.....

Sixty Six minutes to complete the five mile route, not world record class by any means, but enough to restore my confidence in the belief that I will return to fitness eventually, if I just have the patience to go slow and easy......
oh you poor beagle you - you poor beagle!! I bet missus OGF puts much more effort into cleaning her house than you do running?

up two three four - up two three four - squaddy - am I standing on ya hair laddie? - 'no sergeant major' - well I should be it's long enough - get ya hair cut laddie!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 02:52 AM

Oh, nice to see that we have a new coach onboard! Hiya, Gumbud! I can see you share my gentle touch when it comes to the forum athletes. Gee it sure doesn't take long to be replaced around here . You been doing any exercise out there, Australia?

Speaking of which, I am now looking across a vast deep blue ocean covered with heaving rollers breaking on ancient lava beds, Gumbud's way, drinking gallons of water after running the lava beds and then four miles adjacent to a sidewalk that connects all the resorts. I have to say that I tend to like the more remote places on these islands much more than the groomed, modern architecture that feels more Scandinavian than Polynesian.

Absolutely no complaints though - the weather is blustery, sunny, and dry, making running extraordinarily easy compared to home. Good thing too, because the airline slipped me a bottle of champagne when I got of the plane after some friendly conversation during the flight.

Anyhow, I am ever happy to read about you run, OGF. I know how precious this times are to get away into your own head, and let all the stress peel away with every step. It's a victory over mind and body to be out there again - I know it, and I am proud of you.

Ruthio, thrilled to death to hear about you vacation and all the fun! No better way than to round it out with a good concert! Looking forward to the review...

Floydy, are you packing yet?

While it is no deep, mossy-floored forest, this was the scene of the crime today. I mostly tried to run in the grass alongside the concrete so as to avoid the pedestrians, smooching honeymooners, photographers with tripods, and roosters. Yes, that's right - chickens everywhere in Maui:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6417.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	6090

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Seems like Gumbud has picked up the batten while you are away Surfermom, and he's turning out to be a tough taskmaster.... Yes it's strange how sometimes the weather looks the same but only a runner will tell the difference between Humid or dry conditions. I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation Surfermom, and thanks for taking the time to report back. I hope Floydy managed to get away okay for his well deserved holiday too.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-06-2018, 10:14 AM

oh no OGS not more exhibitionistic behaviors??

stop it stop it we can't take much more of this - get back into the kitchen FGS!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 01:48 PM

Just waiting now at Leeds-Bradford airport. Had four pints of real ale already. Booooom goes the fitness plan lol!!

Page 159 of 370 « First < 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top