Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:24 PM

Re: Worst TV advert

Have you ever noticed when you find something to watch and turn over to it, there's always an advert on!
I hate the daft perfume ads that could be advertising anything then at the last minute it shows EU de toilet water or something
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:52 PM

Yes, the insurance advert with the man wiggling his bum around; no idea what that's supposed to mean.
The one with the opera singer is almost bearable in comparison

But the one I immediately thought of (don't know if it's still on) is Mum, Dad, and pathetic teenage son shopping in Tesco
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
We always record programmes we want to watch on commercial stations, and then fast forward through the ads.
Me too. I always have a look at the TV magazine the night before and put everything worth watching (which isn't a great deal these days) on to record. That includes the BBC as well.

Not only does that mean I can skip through adverts (my remote control skips forward one minute at a time, and back in 10 second intervals, so it's quite easy to avoid the adverts), but it also means that I can watch things at any convenient time.

On the odd occasions when I have accidentally encountered an advert I don't remember ever seeing one that I found either interesting or amusing. For that reason, I find it difficult to imagine that anyone who does watch adverts is persuaded to buy their products.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:27 AM

we set our recorder for the week
we like to record all the drama series and watch them back to back and cut out all the adverts in between
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:29 AM

Everything that I watch is recorded so that I can fast forward through the adverts – also other things that I don’t want to know about. Sport, for instance.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:17 AM

It's not so much an advert that I don't like, it's just that it's on so often and is 'doin my box in' The Yorkshire Building Society opening more doors 'It's what we do' I know it word perfect. I like to watch Eggheads and then turn over to catch up with 'The Chase' and every ten minutes on come the adverts and guess what? I'm watching telly while I cook my dinner and then wash the pots so too much bother to mess with the telly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:25 AM

I can't watch ITV's Good Morning Britain. Adverts every few minutes followed by the brain dead competition, weather, weather headlines and weather coming up in five minutes.

This is followed by the highly entertaining Lorraine who lost a few pounds and turned into a super-model.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Everything that I watch is recorded so that I can fast forward through the adverts – also other things that I don’t want to know about. Sport, for instance.
I'd like to echo those feelings.

BBC News would be watchable if it weren't for the regular insertion of sports news.

They should rename it 'BBC Football'!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to echo those feelings.

BBC News would be watchable if it weren't for the regular insertion of sports news.

They should rename it 'BBC Football'!
Absolutely JBR, Look North is worse than the national news; five minutes of news and the next twenty five minutes of sport. There are newsworthy items going on all the time in the towns and villages not to mention the motorway network which is regularly blocked by a serious accident but not a word on Look North.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:43 PM

I have to say I quite like the Boux Avenue Ad.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top