Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 01:50 PM

25 v 78 volume on Bluray

We watched Star Trek last night on Bluray. When the music was on we had the volume on 25. When the speaking was on, we had the volume on 78.

Is it so difficult to get both at a similar level when Blurays are produced?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 09:55 AM

Re: 25 v 78 volume on Bluray

It used to be part of copy protection on VHS tapes so maybe the idea has carried over to DVD and Blu-ray? The idea was that although the film itself could be copied easily it would be almost impossible to watch because of poor audio transfer.

The audio on DVD's has always been poor in contrast to standard TV shows - turn the volume up on a DVD so you can hear it and when you turn the DVD off the resultant increase in volume as it reverts back to TV can almost puncture your eardrums.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Re: 25 v 78 volume on Bluray

Yes that always happens too.

When I was a kid, I had a music centre (remember those) and when recording from records, I could set the VU meter to a certain level. Is that beyond the technology of a DVD production company?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top