Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 09:57 AM

The keys to the castle

Did anyone watch it last night. It was a documentary about an elderly couple living in Inverquharity Castle and how they were forced to move out due to the husband getting duped by a dodgy investment company.

The castle itself is a stunning building, renovated by the couple forty years ago after standing empty for 200 years.

I found it really sad to see the old film footage of their wedding. They were an attractive couple and obviously loaded. These days though, the woman potters around in a half daze and the husband just sits by the fire and nods off.

How the removal company ever managed to pack up all their belongings I just don't know. There was stuff everywhere. She had even kept a large bag of her own hair clippings from the past 40 years. It had all been washed, dried and stored.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 10:07 AM

Re: The keys to the castle

that sounds a sad story , one that many go through .
Did it say who bought it .?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 02:04 PM

Re: The keys to the castle

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
that sounds a sad story , one that many go through .
Did it say who bought it .?
Just a younger couple who seemed nice enough. I think the elderly couple were worried that the castle would be turned into a hotel and lose all of it's memories.

And yes, I did find it very sad to watch.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top