Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Hart to Hart

I used to love watching it years ago and it is currently being shown again in the mornings on TV. It always made me laugh that wherever they went, there was a murder, plus they always had all the right gear for every occasion. They were loaded of course. They were looked after by their trusty man servant, Max who in turn looked after their little dog, Freeway (found on the freeway).

Cheesy stuff but it was always a good excuse to watch the lovely Stefanie Powers, who always looked perfect, whether she was playing tennis, having dinner or emerging from the sea.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 11:30 PM

Re: Hart to Hart

Stephanie Powers... Corr!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 11:46 PM

Ooh I loved Hart to Hart and used to watch it from childhood right through to A levels. I think we used to watch it as a family.

I recently went through a phase of watching it on (I think) sony channel during lockdown. They showed pretty much every single episode. It was the only thing bearable in between all those daily briefings. It's funny watching it as an adult and seeing it in a different way. But it was very well written to be equally appealing to all audiences.

The thing about Jennifer Hart is that women like her just as much as men (for different reasons!). She is like someone you would love to have as your best friend or big sister. Jonathan seemed so handsome, the perfect husband. They also had the perfect lifestyle. Great escapism.

The only episode that's truly dire is the one set in London when they first meet. American TV producers have never understood how their stereotypical portrayal of Brits is so annoying to Brits.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by judd ->
stephanie powers... Corr!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-12-2020, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ooh I loved Hart to Hart and used to watch it from childhood right through to A levels. I think we used to watch it as a family.

I recently went through a phase of watching it on (I think) sony channel during lockdown. They showed pretty much every single episode. It was the only thing bearable in between all those daily briefings. It's funny watching it as an adult and seeing it in a different way. But it was very well written to be equally appealing to all audiences.

The thing about Jennifer Hart is that women like her just as much as men (for different reasons!). She is like someone you would love to have as your best friend or big sister. Jonathan seemed so handsome, the perfect husband. They also had the perfect lifestyle. Great escapism.

The only episode that's truly dire is the one set in London when they first meet. American TV producers have never understood how their stereotypical portrayal of Brits is so annoying to Brits.
Strangely, I don't remember the first episode where they met. I know what you mean about the stereotypes though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:23 AM

Gosh! That takes me back a few years Longy - what a great partnership those two were!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-12-2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh! That takes me back a few years Longy - what a great partnership those two were!
They always solved the murder and looked perfect the whole time. As you say, they were a real partnership and were devoted to each other.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-12-2020, 12:29 AM

I wanted to get the whole series on DVD because Mrs LD loves it too but it's only available on region 1.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Strangely, I don't remember the first episode where they met. I know what you mean about the stereotypes though.
It was an episode I'd never seen. Jennifer was a journalist investigating a controversial deal Jonathan was striking that could have serious political repercussions. She kept pestering him but he refuses an interview (not having seen her) and then she is sitting next to him in a bar (he doesn't know who she is) and she casts her magic spell on him and they get up close and personal. After that it all kicks off with some murders as usual.

It would be quite a good episode but the British stereotypes spoil it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 07:08 AM

I loved this series too it was harmless fun wasnt it...no bad language and you never saw the blood and gore just a bit of good old glamorous who did it.

Just remember....never go sailing with Robert Wagner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top