Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 12:45 PM

A Western Masterpiece

The absolute classic film, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is on TV tonight at 9pm.

Paramount Network channel (31 on Freeview)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:44 PM

Re: A Western Masterpiece

A classic indeed Judd, and the best showdown gunfight ever filmed tween the three main protagonists. Having said that, Eastwood surely is the grand master of the western genre not just with the dollar films, but also films such as Josey Wales, Unforgiven and even to the minor masterpieces such as Joe Kidd. It's a shame the western is out of favour at the moment, but no doubt it's time will come around again...
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The absolute classic film, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is on TV tonight at 9pm.

Superb!
I won't be watching the film on the box tonight, it's already on the DVD rack. My type of Western, a slow burner.
What a soundtrack too!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 04:05 PM

I've seen this feller umpteen times. I agree about the showdown at the end, superb music to accompany it. It's one of the few movies I went back to see again in the cinema, in the same week!!
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 04:28 AM

Everything Eastwood does is a masterpiece. It's hard to believe he will be 90 years old on Sunday.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzzer ->
Everything Eastwood does is a masterpiece. It's hard to believe he will be 90 years old on Sunday.
Aye, he's come a long way since his Rowdy Yates days.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

08-06-2020, 11:43 AM

The best of the spaghetti westerns for mine. So many unforgettable scenes.. none better than the slow walk across the desert by the two protagonists and the explosive final showdown scene.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 05:44 PM

What about " A Fistful of Dynamite"?
A lesser movie perhaps but some haunting music and scenes.
Running at two and a half hours, one to watch when you're in the right frame of mind.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:48 PM

Judd said:

A Western Masterpiece

I was looking for this tonight Judd, but it wasn't on my telly . . . . then I noticed the flippin' date you posted it!
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 12:38 AM

I enjoy the Eastwood westerns and more recent offerings such as Tombstone(Val Kilmer and Kurt Russell) and the very recent Magnificent 7 with Mr Washington.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top