Join for free
Page 40 of 56 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 04:29 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Just how far is Cummings up Boris's bum .....

Fat chance - Boris's government (stooges) would introduce an amnesty for Cummings if that were ever in the offing .....
Just what is it that has caused this obsessional hatred against BoJo and this government?

They comprise of the best government and with the finest PM that we've had since Mrs Thatcher.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Out of all this, more than DC's flouting of any rules it's been an eyeopener and a bit disturbing just how far Boris is prepared to go to defend him.
Can Boris not function without him?
Absolutely not .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 05:03 PM

The plan....

Get rid of Cummings
Destabilise Government
Get rid of Boris
Two year extension
New election
Referendum to stay
not my words but that's it in a nutshell.....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 05:14 PM

The Grilling - Boris on Cummings
Bernard Jenkin, saying it has been 12 months since a prime minister has appeared before the committee. He asks Johnson to commit to attending regularly, including before the Commons breaks for the summer. The PM says : "Can I possibly get back to you on that, there is a lot on at the moment."

Sir Bernard says the committee is "extremely concerned" about the issue of Dominic Cummings and asks if it has undermined the moral authority of the government. Boris Johnson says: "I have commented on it, people know my views, I don't propose to add to it.

Asked why he has not launched an inquiry into the issue, Johnson says: "Quite frankly, I am not certain right now that an inquiry into that matter is an efficient use of time. What we need to do is move on and to get on with how we are going to sort out coronavirus."

SNP MP Pete Wishart now takes over the questioning. Boris Johnson tells him that "a lot of what was written was false" and suggests Mr Wishart is making "party political points". He adds that it is "time to move on".

Labour's Meg Hillier asks the PM about whether he had seen the evidence about so-called "false" allegations by the media on Dominic Cummings. After Johnson says he has seen the evidence, she asks if it should be published or handed to the cabinet secretary. Johnson says: "I would not be doing my job if I were now to shuffle this problem into the hands of officials... who are working flat out to deal with coronavirus. I have said what I have said about the whole business and it would be much better if we could move on."

Home Affairs Committee chair Yvette Cooper asks the PM for his advice to parents who may have the virus but need childcare, given the recent controversy over Mr Cummings in the last few days. Boris Johnson says the clear advice is to stay at home and adds "if you have exceptional problems that may cause you to vary your arrangements". Yvette Cooper continues to repeat her question while Mr Johnson insists "you would have to look at each individual case". "The reason you are not giving a straight answer is because you are trying to protect Dominic Cummings and you don't want to apologise for him," says Ms Cooper.

Tory MP Simon Hoare comes back in to say Cummings is now a "distraction" and he doesn't understand why he is so "pivotal" to Johnson. Johnson says the public wants politicians to "focus on them and their needs rather than a political ding dong".

Science and Technology chair Greg Clark asks if it will be compulsory for someone to stay at home if they have come into contact with an infected person, under the new test-and-trace system. Boris Johnson says staying at home in that situation would be good "not just for them but also good for the population". "We wanted to make it clear that people must stay at home," the PM says.

Will it be the law or just advice, Clark wants to know. "We will be asking people to stay at home - if they don't follow that advice, we will consider what sanctions may be necessary," says Johnson. "By the police?" "Whatever is appropriate," says the PM.
Some contradictory messages there (stay at home, unless, sanctions) amongst the refusals to look back on the Cummings' affair - "let's move on" - and the attempts to make public indignation a political issue .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 05:26 PM

Some contradictory messages there
I heard no contradictory messages but then I am not trying my hardest to find any ...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I heard no contradictory messages but then I am not trying my hardest to find any ...
Stay at home - unless - sanctions .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The Grilling - Boris on Cummings

Some contradictory messages there (stay at home, unless, sanctions) amongst the refusals to look back on the Cummings' affair - "let's move on" - and the attempts to make public indignation a political issue .....
There are no contradictions unless you are searching for them?
The early advice if you thought you had been exposed was to
SELF isolate, how you did this was not prescrbed for you?
The media and especially the BBC have shown themselves to be
committed to creating as much mayhem for this government as
possible!!
And are not above wheeling out greiving widows and other
unfortunates in order to manufacture public outrage??
The bounds of remainer pique know no bounds??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-05-2020, 05:48 PM

'Inconsistencies' in Dominic Cummings' story, says senior government minister

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-lockdown-trip

The Cabinet Office minister, whose official title is Paymaster -General, is the second and most senior government minister to have criticised Cummings, after Douglas Ross resigned as Scotland Office minister on Tuesday.

Penny Mordaunt, a senior government minister, said there are “inconsistencies” in Dominic Cummings’ account of his actions during lockdown and apologised for how recent days have “undermined key public health messages”.

In an email sent to constituents, Mordaunt said Cummings’ continued position as Boris Johnson’s chief adviser was a “matter for the prime minister” but she also she could “fully understand how angry people are” and believed there was no doubt he “took risks”.

Mordaunt’s letter was sent in her capacity as a constituency MP, rather than as a government minister. But her comments are the most critical to come from a senior member of Johnson’s team.
Cracks in the ranks .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
There are no contradictions unless you are searching for them?
The early advice if you thought you had been exposed was to
SELF isolate, how you did this was not prescrbed for you?
The media and especially the BBC have shown themselves to be
committed to creating as much mayhem for this government as
possible!!
And are not above wheeling out greiving widows and other
unfortunates in order to manufacture public outrage??
The bounds of remainer pique know no bounds??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
You can lead a horse to water .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The plan....

not my words but that's it in a nutshell.....
I was pleased that Boris held his end up MEG!
Our team appears to be intact just at the crucial time?

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 40 of 56 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top