Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 05:27 PM

Re: copying photos

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've seen a couple of 'Happy Birthday' images that I made used again on OFF by well-wishers for the next year along. Quite nice that those who posted them thought they were good enough for that.
Yes, it's really nice when that happens isn't it.

When I worked in London it was really good to see my work, often displayed on those massive billboards or on the London Underground. The same with picking up and reading a publication and finding an advertisement that I produced. Makes it all worthwhile I reckon.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Should anyone wish to wade through a lot of reading, the law on photographing people and photographing in certain areas is very involved and complicated. Professional photographers would have to be very aware of exactly what the rules are I guess, see link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law

The above is far different from copyright rules. I gave a link earlier in this thread, there's a lot about this subject online, these are also explained on the link below:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ice-201401.pdf
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 10:06 AM

great second link Baz, pity people don't know more about it
Baz46

21-07-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
great second link Baz, pity people don't know more about it
Thanks realspeed, just thought it might be useful.

The problem is that it's such a complicated area generally. The other issue with copyright was brought home to me working in the printing trade. We were the last stop, those who reproduced the work from the 'stolen' or 'unauthorised' image, so the buck stopped with us as did any future legal action. The customer signing a disclaimer re: their acceptance for any copyright infringement solved that problem.

I've even had people who created their own advertisement on their PC, copying an image from the internet with the owner's watermark right across it and expected me to retouch it and use it in a publication!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top