Join for free
Page 16 of 40 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:47 PM

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Just thought you needed some help as to why, seeing as you can't think of any reason. Must be embarrassing for you to come on here spouting your bile and not being able to justify it.

I'm proud I voted remain, obviously you are not proud for voting leave. Otherwise you would (possibly with the help of minors) be able to say why.

Yawn ....
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
How would a second referendum solve anything ? Its legal status won't change the result and in case you haven't noticed we already triggered article 50.

The problem is parliament not history. It makes youna complete hypocrite because in one hand you say the referendum is only advisory but you want another one for some absurd reason.

Old arguments .... boring boring boring.....

Its because you can't accept the outcome of the first one and you want another vote so you can fudge the result to remain. Whether it was legal or not in the first place is irrelevant its just a big con because you can't face the result.

And you then claim parliament is sovereign after what we have witnessed over the past 3 years ?

The mind boggles ....
I don’t claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I don’t accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally I’d rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they can’t and we’re would be heading for a no deal Brexit there’s a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

Here’s a once ardent Brexiteers view of harsh reality as he sees it

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I don’t claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I don’t accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally I’d rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they can’t and we’re would be heading for a no deal Brexit there’s a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

I think you will find that most of the country agrees with me that parliament is anything but sovereign. Just look at the antics of Bercow and both sides of the house.

And you do not accept the result of the referendum because you want another one. So far it's been called a 2nd referendum, a peoples vote and now a confirmatory vote. There is a reason for that .... you want to change the result by fudging the question and your only rebranding it over and over because nobody believes a word of what your saying.

A second referendum is only designed to overturn the result of the first one ... or are you saying we should ask the same question again ???

And I know how clever you are, you don't need to keep telling everyone because I already worked it out for myself a long time ago.

.... Out of interest do you want the Euro as well ?
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I find it's always worth checking

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ineducable

Or perhaps this is more apt

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ineducable

Just trying to help.
Thanks for that Ray, I did use the Online Cambridge Dictionary, however following your advise I checked the Oxford Dictionary and found it gave the same as those that you mention although the Merriam-Webster appears to be an American dictionary.

Thanks again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The EU Parliament is holding a meeting next Tuesday about our none departure, Tusk and Juncker will be in attendance.
It will be worth watching to see what Farage has to say..

Meanwhile our MPs have gone on holliday ...
Two speeches this morning Guy Verhofstadt speaks in English after 1 minute...

Farage response....

itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:42 AM

What an excellent web site giving such an unbiased assessment of our position.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Surely you would want readers to have a look at another report, by Osborne, at this link:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...o-swindle.html

He seems to jump backwards and forwards, does he not?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Surely you would want readers to have a look at another report, by Osborn, at this link:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...o-swindle.html

He seems to jump backwards and forwards, does he not?
You mean like leavers jumping up and down These last weeks? He isn't. If you had taken the few minutes to read his recent article, you would know he is a converted leaver. So his 2011 article is in line with being an ignorant leaver. At least he can say he improved his knowledge, something you cannot claim.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think you will find that most of the country agrees with me that parliament is anything but sovereign. Just look at the antics of Bercow and both sides of the house.

And you do not accept the result of the referendum because you want another one. So far it's been called a 2nd referendum, a peoples vote and now a confirmatory vote. There is a reason for that .... you want to change the result by fudging the question and your only rebranding it over and over because nobody believes a word of what your saying.

A second referendum is only designed to overturn the result of the first one ... or are you saying we should ask the same question again ???

And I know how clever you are, you don't need to keep telling everyone because I already worked it out for myself a long time ago.

.... Out of interest do you want the Euro as well ?
I would only advocate a 2nd referendum if we are still T an impasse at the 11th hour whereby Mays deadlock or an amended version of it is not ratified by Parliament. The question should then be the same as the first but the referendum should be made legally binding so that Parliament will enact the decision

I like the Pound but it’s not the same pound I grew up with which was LSD. Nevertheless I’d rather keep it notwithstanding that having the Euro would save a fair bit not having to pay exchange fees

Like it or not we are a Parliamentary democracy with a FPTP voting system. We had a chance to change the voting system in a previous referendum but declined. I doubt however that we will ever move away from the form of democracy we currently have no matter how the representatives we elect behave
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-04-2019, 07:32 PM

I would only advocate a 2nd referendum if we are still T an impasse at the 11th hour whereby Mays deadlock or an amended version of it is not ratified by Parliament. The question should then be the same as the first but the referendum should be made legally binding so that Parliament will enact the decision

I like the Pound but it’s not the same pound I grew up with which was LSD. Nevertheless I’d rather keep it notwithstanding that having the Euro would save a fair bit not having to pay exchange fees

Like it or not we are a Parliamentary democracy with a FPTP voting system. We had a chance to change the voting system in a previous referendum but declined. I doubt however that we will ever move away from the form of democracy we currently have no matter how the representatives we elect behave
So you want a second referendum with the same question and this time make it legally binding .... how would that change anything ?

And if the EU is the wonderland you profess it to be how come you don't want the common currency? Verhofstadt said all member states must adopt the common currency by 2025 ... but you still want to be in the EU

Do you also want the EU army ?

Page 16 of 40 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top