Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: All new cars to have speed limiters from 2022

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Our area is to set up a local Lottery which will fund repairing pot holes apparently. Councils are already shirking their responsibilities.
It seems that many councillors are as inept as most of our politicians today.

Again, the answer is in our hands.

Councillors come up for election, just as MPs do.

We all need to learn to vote wisely, as the responsibility lies with us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It seems that many councillors are as inept as most of our politicians today.

Again, the answer is in our hands.

Councillors come up for election, just as MPs do.

We all need to learn to vote wisely, as the responsibility lies with us.
Yep! I do wonder sometimes why local councillors are there at all. Would we notice if there were none?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Nothing would surprise me Foxy. God knows what will happen when everyone is driving electric cars with no road tax to pay. Where will they extort the cash from then I wonder?
As I said, cars fitted with limiters and gps systems will also be able to be used for road pricing, you will pay per mile you drive, fine if you don’t drive much but not so if you use your car a lot, plus if you use your car for holidays and travel to Scotland or Cornwall ect, it will add to the cost , and you can bet the price will increase with every budget..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
As I said, cars fitted with limiters and gps systems will also be able to be used for road pricing, you will pay per mile you drive, fine if you don’t drive much but not so if you use your car a lot, plus if you use your car for holidays and travel to Scotland or Cornwall ect, it will add to the cost , and you can bet the price will increase with every budget..
That's probably on the cards Primus. Obviously they will have to get the income from somewhere. It might still be cheaper than using the train though... hopefully.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top