Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Heating your home, or not as the case may be!

Another cold, frosty morning here this late into April reminded me of a relevant news story I had missed until recently.

There are plans for gas boilers no longer to be installed in new homes from 2025. This, along with earlier proposed changes relating to banning the worst polluting log burners, leaves me wondering just how are people to heat their homes in the future?

Perhaps heat pumps are the answer? Does anyone on here have experience of alternative heating systems?

Links below to two sources of these news items:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47559920

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...burning-stoves
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:41 AM

Re: Heating your home, or not as the case may be!

My daughter has ground source central heating, it's very good, as good as gas. I think maintenance may be expensive though. I don't think there are many engineers who can fix it yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:03 AM

Re: Heating your home, or not as the case may be!

My son has a ground source heat pump which along with very good insulation and underfloor heating keeps the house beautifully warm . It cost a lot to install but the initial outlay should be recouped in a few years.

I have heard about and like the idea of small community heating projects which are gaining in popularity in some towns and villages

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top