Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Apple shutting down iTunes

Hmmm....

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ra-1203230851/
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 05:17 PM

Re: Apple shutting down iTunes

Also here

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...o_kill_itunes/
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 06:01 PM

So what? it was too restrictive anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 08:07 PM

Let's be honest, their site is absolute trash, embarrassing for such a large organisation. I have a few albums on itunes so I don't know what will happen to them or my ipod but I hardly use it these days anyway. I tried to update my ipod a couple of months ago to the latest version but it was not compatible, apparently I would need to buy another ipod.... yeah right!

I do love the way tech companies simply drop us when they feel like it with no loyalty whatsoever.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Let's be honest, their site is absolute trash, embarrassing for such a large organisation. I have a few albums on itunes so I don't know what will happen to them or my ipod but I hardly use it these days anyway. I tried to update my ipod a couple of months ago to the latest version but it was not compatible, apparently I would need to buy another ipod.... yeah right!

I do love the way tech companies simply drop us when they feel like it with no loyalty whatsoever.
A great example of why I despise Apple.
I know it's changed a bit now, but years ago I had a lot of songs on Itunes. When I ditched Apple and bought a normal Mp3 player, it could not play the songs I transferred from Itunes. The only workaround was to burn a cd from Itunes and then rip it to Mp3.
My argument at the time was " I've bought / own these tracks, so don't bloody tell me what I can / can't play them on"
I'll never touch anything Apple again - ever!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:22 PM

bunch of gits. They will die as a brand, mark my words.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

03-06-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
bunch of gits. They will die as a brand, mark my words.
Agree Annie. People are already losing interest.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 11:58 PM

Better music streaming services are available now such as Amazon and Spotify which can be played on any device.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:07 AM

iTunes was one of the most user-unfriendly services I have ever used, and it was a mystery to me why, when all of my other Apple services were so elegant, that this one was a nightmare - lost albums and songs, miserable searching, songs that never downloaded, limits on the number of devices - and then constantly recreating iPods, making each one more cumbersome to use when the early generations were small, clipped onto clothing, and could be adjusted without looking.

I expect they will roll libraries into the new format, but who wants them?

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 03:35 AM

I loved my i pod shuffle when it first came out about 15 or more years ago. But the library was always a nightmare and then changing laptops was really hard work. When I upgraded to a newer ipod it was great to have more space and easier navigation but it soon wasn't enough room. I think the last one I bought about 8 or ten years ago and the sound quality had gone right downhill. Maybe they want everyone to buy i phones but I did not want to listen to music on my phone. The good thing about the Ipod was that you could carry it really easily and if you lost it wasn't the end of the world.

I don't think you can download Amazon music etc onto an Ipod? I thought apple prevented that. The only way to update the music on it is with the annoying library.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top