Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Re: Bitten

Sorry to hear you got bitten Pauline. As Meg says, make sure you are up to date with your tetanus.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:26 PM

If this dog has bitten TWO people that you know of, your friend had better be very, very careful when she takes it out in public.

Has your friend boarded this dog before? I am wondering if it is because this dog is away from home and stressed, or whether the owner knows full well what it likely to do, but didn't warn your friend?
I must say, I would be horrified if one of mine bit anyone for no obvious reason.

So many questions.
Hope your leg soon mends Pauline.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If this dog has bitten TWO people that you know of, your friend had better be very, very careful when she takes it out in public.

Has your friend boarded this dog before? I am wondering if it is because this dog is away from home and stressed, or whether the owner knows full well what it likely to do, but didn't warn your friend?
I must say, I would be horrified if one of mine bit anyone for no obvious reason.

So many questions.
Hope your leg soon mends Pauline.
I hope so too.
Biting is not acceptable behaviour.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 11:18 PM

Thank you,well,I certainly knew that it bit me,I don't want to worry Ellen about the dog,...Carol knows her much more than I do,..so when I go and see Carol tomorrow,I will be passing your advice on,she can then have a word with Ellen.

As you say ,what if that had been a child's face,..I have no idea,if she has boarded this dog before,..if it's there in 3 weeks time,..i will certainly be asking her to shut it away from me,..she knows I was upset,I don't think she will take that chance again,..and I'm sure Carol will back me up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I hope so too.
Biting is not acceptable behaviour.

Not in normal circumstances, No.

But in some cases I can fully understand why it happens.
Like the stupid people who sit their kids on dogs backs for a ride for one example.
Some owners expect their dog to put up with any amount of bad care, then wonder why they get bitten!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not in normal circumstances, No.

But in some cases I can fully understand why it happens.
Like the stupid people who sit their kids on dogs backs for a ride for one example.
Some owners expect their dog to put up with any amount of bad care, then wonder why they get bitten!
Fair point. In my experience, dog behaviour reflects on the owner.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top