Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Re: Have Your Tissues Ready....Long Lost Family Is Back On Tonight

I wasn’t keen on Davina McCall before this programme but now l think she is great. She is so lovely to the people on the show.

She still can’t beat Nicky Campbell though. l love him and being adopted himself he can identify and understand what these people have gone through.

If it is all an act by the two of them, then tough, l still love them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Did anyone watch last nights episode?
I have just watched it now and it made me cry (as usual!).

A woman who married at 16, left her bad marriage with her two children and was homeless.
She rang the council for help and in her words, they ‘snatched’ her son off her to be put up for adoption. No benefits then.
She is now 78, lives on a barge and they reunited her with her two children who are now in their 60’s.

The other was the singer KT Tunstall, who was trying to find her father.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

A woman who married at 16, left her bad marriage with her two children and was homeless.
She rang the council for help and in her words, they ‘snatched’ her son off her to be put up for adoption. No benefits then.
She is now 78, lives on a barge and they reunited her with her two children who are now in their 60’s.

Yes I watched it & often need tissues because the stories have affected many lives.
I also think Davina a Nicky do a great job & show understanding of the pain these people have suffered.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Yes, I watched it too, with tissues by my side. It made me realise how lucky my life has been in terms of my childhood and my own children. It must be so awful not knowing who your birth parents are - such a huge gap in someone's life. Also to be forced to give up a child - I can't begin to imagine the pain that would cause.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Yes, I watched it too, with tissues by my side. It made me realise how lucky my life has been in terms of my childhood and my own children. It must be so awful not knowing who your birth parents are - such a huge gap in someone's life. Also to be forced to give up a child - I can't begin to imagine the pain that would cause.

This was so sad couldn't help but cry .
But what a happy ending .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 02:46 AM

It's not normally the sort of programme I would waych at all, but I saw an episode when I as on holiday in Scarborough last month. We were staying in an apartment and it was raining and we only had the one TV and I couldn't escape anywhere.

Anyway, Mrs. Floydysaurus loves this sort of programme and in between reading my book about the band New Order, I was glancing up at the screen.
After five minutes I was totally enthralled in the story and put my book away.

It was the one about the woman in her sixties from Leeds who discovered she had two more sisters still alive. When they were all young their mother had to give them away. They met up again and later on in the programme they all found out that they had a further six sisters, all to the same mother!

It was a wonderful programme but I didn't get to see any more in the series.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 07:37 AM

Yes I love it . It's one of my favourite programmes .

So pleased life has changed and young mothers get the support and housing they need . I know we hear about single mothers getting houses , money etc. etc , but at least they can keep their children .

My heart breaks for some of those mums who's babies were taken away .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top