Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: Buying Plants Online

Thanks Mups!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 12:31 PM

David Austin for roses, his son runs the business now and it has a great reputation.

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/r-banksiae-lutea
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Does anyone buy plants on the Internet?
I had a bad experience with some that arrived rotting and useless, so loathe to try again but...
I have only done it once but it was quite successful. On a whim I decided I wanted some tea plants (Camellia sinensis) so I ordered two on line, they arrived safely and I grew them for years until they finally succumbed to drought (I have a very Darwinian garden)
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have only done it once but it was quite successful. On a whim I decided I wanted some tea plants (Camellia sinensis) so I ordered two on line, they arrived safely and I grew them for years until they finally succumbed to drought (I have a very Darwinian garden)
I wondered what an evolutionary garden might be like, until I realised you meant Darwin the city!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:10 PM

Thanks Meg, I think I will order one from them, they are good quality, my daughter usually buys David Austin roses and has never been disappointed.
I didn't know they did those!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-06-2019, 06:11 PM

I had a lovely arbour seat for my birthday so looking forwards to growing my favourite over it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
David Austin for roses, his son runs the business now and it has a great reputation.

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/r-banksiae-lutea
They do a nice fish & chips too but they won't deliver it, you have to go there.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They do a nice fish & chips too but they won't deliver it, you have to go there.
I once went to a small, off the beaten track nursery, and in the tiny café shack I had what was the nicest sticky toffee pudding I had ever, ever had. It was to die for, and I told them so.

I went there especially, a couple of weeks later, and had it again. It's quite a way to go as a special journey, but that just proved how nice it was.

Three months later, I took a friend, having waxed lyrical about this pudding, and wailing and gnashing of teeth, they had changed the caterers and no longer did it!
You could have heard my screams a mile off.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I once went to a small, off the beaten track nursery, and in the tiny café shack I had what was the nicest sticky toffee pudding I had ever, ever had. It was to die for, and I told them so.

I went there especially, a couple of weeks later, and had it again. It's quite a way to go as a special journey, but that just proved how nice it was.

Three months later, I took a friend, having waxed lyrical about this pudding, and wailing and gnashing of teeth, they had changed the caterers and no longer did it!
You could have heard my screams a mile off.
How annoying.
Pyxell
South of England

16-06-2019, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How annoying.
It is.

That pudding was like the ambrosia of the gods. sigh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top