Join for free
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:34 PM

The Shires.

Went to see these a couple of weeks ago.
Amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyKY...g4n1Qk&index=5

That is a cover, however most of their songs are self-penned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPt5r1D79s
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Re: The Shires.

Fantastic duo, Malc. Nice to see those videos too

I saw The Shires supporting Jeff Lynne's ELO (along with Keane's Tom Chaplin) two years ago and my wife, who isn't normally into any particular band, enjoyed them very much as did I.

We are going to see them on a date on this tour at Pocklington near York on 12th July. Looking forward to this very much.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Hi Floydy,
Many thanks for your interesting reply.
We saw them in Tenby. (De Valence Pavillion),our nearest venue for any musical event...
It was described as an "Accousic evening", which was superb!.
A sell-out evening and excellent vocals / perfect harmonies from both Ben and Crissie.

We usually have to travel to Swansea (Grand Theatre). That's a 120 mile round trip, for us to see any musical act that would be of interest to us.. For example, next Saturday we have tickets to see the 'Illegal Eagles' in Swansea.
Previous visits to there, over the years, we have seen Joe Brown ( probably before your time?) and stage shows such as 'Dreamboats & Petticoats', 'Jersey Boys'...

Enjoy the Shires in July.

Regards, Malc.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Hi Floydy,
Many thanks for your interesting reply.
We saw them in Tenby. (De Valence Pavillion),our nearest venue for any musical event...
It was described as an "Accousic evening", which was superb!.
A sell-out evening and excellent vocals / perfect harmonies from both Ben and Crissie.

We usually have to travel to Swansea (Grand Theatre). That's a 120 mile round trip, for us to see any musical act that would be of interest to us.. For example, next Saturday we have tickets to see the 'Illegal Eagles' in Swansea.
Previous visits to there, over the years, we have seen Joe Brown ( probably before your time?) and stage shows such as 'Dreamboats & Petticoats', 'Jersey Boys'...

Enjoy the Shires in July.

Regards, Malc.
Thanks Malc. I'm hoping The Shires have a full band with them to be honest but whatever, I'm sure they will put on a good show. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Have you seen Illegal Eagles before? I saw them a few years ago and they were excellent. A really good feelgood atmosphere.
Saw The Eagles twice too. Very professional.

Enjoy your gigs mate
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.

20-06-2019, 09:43 PM

Floydy,
Sorry for my late reply. No we haven't seen the Illegal Eagles before, however we're looking forward to the show on Saturday evening.
Regards, Malc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top