Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Re: Stained glass

Gorgeous JBR! You are clever! I have a bit of a glass phobia so I think you are also very brave!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:04 AM

This is lovely JBR
Love stained glass
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TracyG ->
Copper foil - loving it so far but will update when the work has progressed further
You grind the edges of the glass pieces?

I love grinding.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Gorgeous JBR! You are clever! I have a bit of a glass phobia so I think you are also very brave!
I have suffered a few cuts, to be honest. I don't mind them much, only slight, but if some flux gets in to them it don't half sting like hell.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is lovely JBR
Love stained glass
Thanks.

All this encouragement has made me think I could post pictures of a couple of other things I have made, if anyone's interested. It might also give others some ideas, if they are thinking of doing some stained glass work.
TracyG
Scotland
TracyG is female 

18-06-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You grind the edges of the glass pieces?

I love grinding.
Cut all the pieces out of the glass and lay it on the pattern, then grind off any rough edges. Use the light box to see if the glass will look good when hanging too - not too opaque. The grinder is my best friend but fairly used to that, the nippers and cutters as they are used in mosaics too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TracyG ->
Cut all the pieces out of the glass and lay it on the pattern, then grind off any rough edges. Use the light box to see if the glass will look good when hanging too - not too opaque. The grinder is my best friend but fairly used to that, the nippers and cutters as they are used in mosaics too.
I agree. The grinder cost me around £100, I think, but it's far better than trying to use a file.

I can sometimes cut a smooth shape with my cutting wheel, but still grind the edges anyway. The grozing pliers have their uses, but I can never obtain a clean edge with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wanna buy it?
Only if you can convince she who is in charge which I doubt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Only if you can convince she who is in charge which I doubt.
I quite understand.

Marge would kill you if I sold it to you.

Far, far worse: she'd kill me.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 06:04 PM

Beautiful design, in complementary colours of shades of Green leaves & Cerise flower with a contrast of a White flower.

You have a very good sense of colour.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top