Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:04 PM

Google Calendar Down

Just got out my laptop and found that Google Calendar won't load. A 404 error message. I needed to load a couple of appointments that I have just made today.

I found a web page from The Sun announcing the outage in London, Newcastle, Dublin and importantly for me, Manchester.

Fortunately, the Google Calendar app on my phone is still there, so it could be worse. However, it brought home to me just how important that calendar really is.

Just to be on the safe side, I have jotted down on paper my more important dates, although I hope that the people at Google will soon sort out the mess.

On the other hand, I now realise a potential weakness of storing important dates (and other information) on the internet. Storage on my laptop is also copied on two external hard drives, so it is unlikely that those details will be lost, but relying on the internet to keep information safe has now come into question!

If things are not corrected quickly, I am seriously considering going back to a paper diary. That's progress!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Re: Google Calendar Down

I have a calendar I write things down on, in fact I have two calendars, so I don't forget, they are hanging in different rooms though.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Blimey .....

Google Calendar is down in outage affecting users worldwide

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/18/1...tage-404-error

When contacted for comment, a spokesperson from Google pointed us toward the service’s dashboard, which contains a message from Google posted at 10:22AM ET confirming that users are unable to access Google Calendar.

“We’re investigating reports of an issue with Google Calendar,” the message reads. “We will provide more information shortly.” Google’s message categorizes the issue as a “Service disruption” rather than a “Service outage.” As of this writing, other Google services such as Gmail and Google Maps appear to be unaffected, although Hangouts Meet is reportedly experiencing difficulties.

ETA Mine seems to have revived .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Blimey .....

Google Calendar is down in outage affecting users worldwide

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/18/1...tage-404-error

ETA Mine seems to have revived .....
That's encouraging. If you're in Preston, then I'm not a million miles away in Stockport, so the restoration of service might spread to me soon!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Ah! It's back!

Please stay.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's encouraging. If you're in Preston, then I'm not a million miles away in Stockport, so the restoration of service might spread to me soon!
I'm not actually in Preston but I am in the North-West .....

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah! It's back!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:42 PM

I tried keeping a diary in my iPad calendar, but found it was a pain to input, and then I never looked at it.

Like so many other things, if it isn't written down on paper and put by the kettle, it doesn't get done!

I have three...... a week to view by the kettle, (where I can make notes), a month to view hanging on the wall, which gives a good overview, and a small pocket diary for my handbag.

The paperless society is ......
Everything gets printed off and put in a file!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I tried keeping a diary in my iPad calendar, but found it was a pain to input, and then I never looked at it.

Like so many other things, if it isn't written down on paper and put by the kettle, it doesn't get done!

I have three...... a week to view by the kettle, (where I can make notes), a month to view hanging on the wall, which gives a good overview, and a small pocket diary for my handbag.

The paperless society is ......
Everything gets printed off and put in a file!
Yes indeed. Paper is more reliable than electrons.

Unless we have a house fire, of course!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-06-2019, 05:57 PM

So, now we need to Backup Google Calendar .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
So, now we need to Backup Google Calendar .....
I hadn't thought of that.

I can bookmark it but that would just link to the web site which could go down again, of course.

Can it be backed up?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top