Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:44 PM

New embossing folder.

For those who do not know what these are - they are small plastic folders with designs engraved/moulded into them. You put a piece of plain card inside one - run it through a machine and - hey presto - a neat design embossed onto your card.

Well - I fell in love with one in 'The Range' on Thursday and had a play with it today.

It is 15cms x15cms - I used plain white 300grm card stock then, having embossed the design - coloured it lightly with a dusting of 'blending chalk'. Mounted it onto silver and then onto white card. It's the first time I have used blending chalk - am quite pleased with the result. The colours are more delicate in real life than they look in the photo.

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 11:35 PM

Re: New embossing folder.

That's lovely ST.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 12:17 AM

That’s lovely’s ST, I love the colours....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:18 AM

I love the colours too. I also like the edge of the card , makes it more fancy than just straight edges. I.d love to see you at work making these cards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:47 AM

I love the subtle colours too. I take it you have to fix it with something?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love the subtle colours too. I take it you have to fix it with something?
Yes - some of them you do have to 'fix' - I am told a quick gentle spritz of hair spray does the trick. The ones I used are new- ish. They have a built in 'fix' if you are patient enough to leave them for a while.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-06-2019, 07:55 AM

Once again - my thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. All feedback is much appreciated - it's how I learn!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:37 AM

Super Tabs! You're soooo clever!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
For those who do not know what these are - they are small plastic folders with designs engraved/moulded into them. You put a piece of plain card inside one - run it through a machine and - hey presto - a neat design embossed onto your card.

Well - I fell in love with one in 'The Range' on Thursday and had a play with it today.

It is 15cms x15cms - I used plain white 300grm card stock then, having embossed the design - coloured it lightly with a dusting of 'blending chalk'. Mounted it onto silver and then onto white card. It's the first time I have used blending chalk - am quite pleased with the result. The colours are more delicate in real life than they look in the photo.

Just as a matter of interest can you get them with your own design - actually I was thinking of your name and address for example to emboss on notepaper - or are they just set designs?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just as a matter of interest can you get them with your own design - actually I was thinking of your name and address for example to emboss on notepaper - or are they just set designs?
Yes, Bruce, you can have them tailor made.

https://www.blackdogsigns.co.uk/embossing-presses.html

https://www.thestationerystudio.com/...ers-c1574.html

Not tried them myself though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top