Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:11 PM

The power of beauty

Good looking people are treated better .

True or False ?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:42 PM

Re: The power of beauty

I think you are right there, I was never molested by my choir master, Boy Scout Leader or any member of the clergy, no one wanted to offer me sweeties or a look at their puppies or even promise me it would be our own special secret...I was a very plain child.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:44 PM

Muddy, I have read that they are but l don’t know if it’s true?

It is also said, that blue-eyed people are treated better than brown-eyed people.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:57 PM

Art that is not so true! I have blue eyes, and my wife brown, guess who's got the best deal!? I'm just off to kip in my kennel!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Art that is not so true! I have blue eyes, and my wife brown, guess who's got the best deal!? I'm just off to kip in my kennel!!
John, On a nice night, you can look at the stars from your kennel. All your wife can see is, the ceiling!

Muddy, I would have said years ago, actors and actresses were chosen for their looks but l don’t think that applies so much, these days
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:34 AM

I'm not sure I agree. People are definitely treated differently because of their looks. But classically good looking people aren't necessarily treated better. Some are treated worse because of being different to average. I would say that average looking people who are within the acceptable norm are treated better. Not those who are stunning but those who are symmetrical and fairly "cookie cutter" looking. There are various ethnic stereotypes but they are not necessarily beautiful just the societal "norm".

If you take Michelle Pfeiffer or Uma Thurman as examples, both stunning but both considered themselves ugly as young girls because they were different. Some such extraordinary looking people were bullied and shunned by the cookie cutter crowd.

IMO people who are treated the best have fairly bland but pleasant features. People feel most comfortable with known and the predictable.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 02:44 AM

Generally speaking yes. Initially attractive people are preferred over plain or unattractive people. It’s been proven that they get better jobs etc., but I think it’s a double edged sword which I don’t wish to elaborate on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Generally speaking yes. Initially attractive people are preferred over plain or unattractive people. It’s been proven that they get better jobs etc., but I think it’s a double edged sword which I don’t wish to elaborate on.
There are a lot of those about in life, Bratti!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:16 AM

It's an unfortunate fact, but all studies indicate that people who are attractive are perceived as more intelligent, more capable of leadership qualities, and even serve less time for crime after being convicted than non-attractive people.

Its sad but first impressions are usually based on looks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good looking people are treated better .

True or False ?
Not entirely sure, Muddy. I certainly think some of the so celebrities are feted because of their looks rather than their brain cells!!

If you had to choose - beauty or brains - which would it be?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top