Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 04:26 PM

Holiday Insurance

We are going on holiday in a few weeks time to Spain and I am undecided who to use for holiday insurance.

My husband has type 2 diabetes and I have treatment for high blood pressure although my blood pressure is well under control since I lost weight, I'm not even sure I need the meds anymore.

Anyway, if anyone in here has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and went on holiday can you tell me what insurance you used and if you can remember around how much?

Thanks in advance
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Re: Holiday Insurance

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We are going on holiday in a few weeks time to Spain and I am undecided who to use for holiday insurance.

My husband has type 2 diabetes and I have treatment for high blood pressure although my blood pressure is well under control since I lost weight, I'm not even sure I need the meds anymore.

Anyway, if anyone in here has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and went on holiday can you tell me what insurance you used and if you can remember around how much?

Thanks in advance
If you have the EHIC card you will be able to use the local health services which are excellent
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 07:07 PM

Never ever travel abroad on holiday without taking out Travel Insurance and declaring any existing conditions. Here's a link to a site which will enable you to look at different companieshttps://medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/...E&gclsrc=aw.dss .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you have the EHIC card you will be able to use the local health services which are excellent
Yeah ...

I've traveled widely and never done this Holiday Insurance lark.

... except when driving. If you're taking your car, I'd suggest breakdown cover.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yeah ...

I've traveled widely and never done this Holiday Insurance lark.

... except when driving. If you're taking your car, I'd suggest breakdown cover.
I guess you've never thought of the consequences of going abroad without travel insurance where all manner of things can happen healthwise or otherwise?

There's another thread running on this topic btw,
see
Travel Insurance Watch out .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I guess you've never thought of the consequences of going abroad without travel insurance where all manner of things can happen healthwise or otherwise?

There's another thread running on this topic btw,
see
Travel Insurance Watch out .
I know ... I've been doing it for fifty years, I deserve to die and be buried in some foreign land.
Zuleika
North West UK

28-06-2019, 08:44 PM

I know ... I've been doing it for fifty years, I deserve to die and be buried in some foreign land.
Then again you could have a nasty experience where you simply had to be treated in a private hospital ? Oh but wait, they ask for your travel insurance before they'll admit you . But you don't have any ? W ho's going to foot the bill ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 09:02 PM

A friend of mine had a heart attack while in Italy and was treated for three weeks in an Italian hospital. His wife had to stay in Italy and provide him with all of his meals. He was then flown home accompanied by a specially trained nurse and was met by emergency ambulance at the airport.

The cost would have run into the tens of thousands of pounds had he not had travel insurance. His treatment was paid for, his wife's extended stay and his transportation needs....He passed away a few weeks after returning home....

He had already had a previous heart attack and declared it on his application. He did complain to me that his insurance had cost more than the holiday.

I've had two heart attacks and just taken out travel insurance with the post office for twelve months. It covers anywhere in Europe and cost £288...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

28-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Then again you could have a nasty experience where you simply had to be treated in a private hospital ? Oh but wait, they ask for your travel insurance before they'll admit you . But you don't have any ? W ho's going to foot the bill ?
You worry too much.

I just handle my finances differently to most. As I say, I've been travelling abroad for 50 years without insurance, should I be unlucky, I'll simply have to foot the bill.
Zuleika
North West UK

28-06-2019, 10:54 PM

You worry too much.

I just handle my finances differently to most. As I say, I've been travelling abroad for 50 years without insurance, should I be unlucky, I'll simply have to foot the bill.
Which could cost you tens of thousands of pounds as Old Grey Fox has explained but I should worry if you have that kind of money to waste all for the sake of a few pounds insurance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top