Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:32 PM

Re: Wee

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
To be honest,she was on the high double bed,she can't jump off of it,..
that explains it and a good reason to not let her sleep with you as she will also be distressed by the situation.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 06:07 AM

Well,..I managed to wash,rinse the duvet,( never realised how heavy they are when wet)

It's been dripping overnight,so have put it outside on the airier first thing,

I sorted the sleeping quarters out nicely,..I have put the ottoman that I bought from Wilko a while back at the bottom of the double bed,..so Rosie can jump onto it,then straight onto the bed,she is also fine getting down.

No problems last night,..

As new smelling duvet outside drying....I must try and get a waterproof cover,...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 06:45 AM

I love my cats to bits but I have to admit I don't allow them to sleep on the beds. They have their own beds and they usually snuggle up together.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I love my cats to bits but I have to admit I don't allow them to sleep on the beds. They have their own beds and they usually snuggle up together.

My friend doesn't allow her cat to sleep on the bed,yet she has a dirt box for it,right next to the kitchen.

Plus a cat can go wherever they like in some homes,like jumping all over the work surface,as I've seen hers do.

So pretty unhygienic also...

They have a habit of being sick,(some)..usually hair balls.

I would also be worried about what they carry on their claws.

I always wipe my dogs feet on coming in after a walk,,,with wet wipes...also I wash jacks legs and under belly if it's been raining or he has been exercised in the field,...

You'd be surprised how filthy he gets.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 08:45 AM

I’m with Pauline on this. I couldn’t imagine sleeping without my little furry friend. I’d miss our cuddles, her little habits (lying on her back behind the pillow, or plonking her head on the pillow so her nose is by my face, for a stroke). Yes she fidgets a lot, or walks all over me to change position, but I miss her when my sister stays overnight and the dog stays with her.

Maybe I have the incontinence yet to come, eh? In the meantime she stays with me, and yes, has been from about 5m old.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 09:35 AM

Rosie did on my double duvet...

Not sure why she did it,..anyway it has been so hot today,the duvet wouldn't fit in the washing machine.

I put it in the bath,tried washing it by hand,to tiring because of the heat.

Then I thought "grapes" so,got into the bath and started pounding it with my feet!.

Daft ain't I?..

Edit to add..it came up beautiful.
I thought you were going to say you took a bath with he
Duvet Pauline!

Regards Donkeyman!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought you were going to say you took a bath with he
Duvet Pauline!

Regards Donkeyman!

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-06-2019, 10:38 AM

What about when a cat or dog accidentally wee or even poo on the carpet,would you rip it up and put it in the bin?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-06-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’m with Pauline on this. I couldn’t imagine sleeping without my little furry friend. I’d miss our cuddles, her little habits (lying on her back behind the pillow, or plonking her head on the pillow so her nose is by my face, for a stroke). Yes she fidgets a lot, or walks all over me to change position, but I miss her when my sister stays overnight and the dog stays with her.

Maybe I have the incontinence yet to come, eh? In the meantime she stays with me, and yes, has been from about 5m old.

Even my vet does it,..but he told me not to tell anyone,

It's amazing what they sell online,Jazzi..if the time ever comes ,when my two dogs become incontinent,I can buy waterproof nappies.

I also find when Rosie bottom gets runny poo stuck to it,..I put her in my bath,to wash it off,

Quite a few dogs get poo stuck to their coat...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 11:18 AM

What about when a cat or dog accidentally wee or even poo on the carpet,would you rip it up and put it in the bin?
Maddie the cat goes outside to do the necessary Pauline, she has never had an accident in all of the fourteen years she's been living with us....She has been sick a few times though, but mainly on the hard floor in the hall while waiting for someone to open the door....

We wouldn't throw out the carpet though if she did have an accident, but then again, us humans don't normally sleep on the floor with the carpet wrapped around us....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top