Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 09:59 PM

Panorama Investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

Panorama Investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party is showing now on BBC 1 and its makes sobering viewing.
Jeremy Corbyns record of associating with violent terrorists and anti Israeli hate activists is appalling .

Young labour party members are speaking of their powerless in the face of institutional anti Semitism in the Labour Party
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Re: Panorama Investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

Watched a bit of it, that was enough, now feel under represented domestically.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:54 AM

It appears there has been a lot of deliberate 'sweeping under the carpet' and actual avoidance of the problem of antisemitism in the Labour party from the poor investigation and report by Chakrabarti to the installing of Formby over the heads of the previous investigating team.
Labour should not be investigating the allegations themselves anyway, it is a job for an independent investigation.

I felt sad for those disillusioned young people who originally seemed to see Corbyn as some kind of god, they have had their eyes opened and I am shocked Labour felt the need to resort to none disclosure agreements to try to silence them from saying what has been going on.

The Labour party has pandered to Corbyn and his cronies, it comes across as a shadowy sinister organisation not the proud party my Dad supported . It will pay a price at the next election when it loses many Jewish voters who are traditionally labour supportors.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:05 AM

I watched a bit of it & was appalled by what was said.

I once read a biography on Hitler, which explained that his hatred of the Jews stemmed from childhood, where Jewish people could afford much better houses than his family. It seems that his hatred grew over the years and we all know the eventual horrors it led to.

Is Corbyn yet another Hitler in disguise?

I don't know but I do think having him as a leader will do the Labour Party no favours.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:12 AM

If anything it won the Labour party more votes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Why do you say that ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why do you say that ?
Because it will reinforce the trust in labour to deliver what is being written about them for those huge number of people who want it to be true.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-07-2019, 11:07 AM

Are you implining that Corbyns doesn't want to alienate the voting basis he has chosen .
Ie that that is far bigger than the tiny Jewish minority in the UK .
By showing that anti semitism is true they will think he's doing a good job !
We all know that a one large sector of society is intrinsically anti semite .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If anything it won the Labour party more votes.
So you would agree with the Labour Party statement that, ‘Hitler didn’t go far enough?’
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Muddy I am afraid that too many people try to link religion to politics!
I don't like the Jewish religion & I despise much of the Islam one, but providing that don't try to convert me, it doesn't mean I dislike people who follow these religions.

On the other hand, people involved in politics should never have prejudice against any people, because they are involved in making new laws....but how can those laws be fair if they affect peoples religious beliefs?

The only way to be fair is to allow people to worship as they wish, but never adjust British law to fit their religious requirements.
This means that all animals to be slaughtered, should be killed under the law of the land, not a religious law! If people feel that cannot live with British laws, then they should live in countries that follow their religious beliefs...that is the only answer!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top