Join for free
Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: introducing MURTAGH

You can never have too many dog toys, IMHO! Except for when they are all over the floor and they have to be cleared up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You can never have too many dog toys, IMHO! Except for when they are all over the floor and they have to be cleared up.
They are indeed all over the place at the moment but I daren't move in case I wake him up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:00 PM

''Had my first bath today. I look and smell like a coconut''

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Aww... I bet he’ll look all fluffed up when he’s dried.

He’s gorgeous!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aww... I bet he’ll look all fluffed up when he’s dried.

He’s gorgeous!
Thanks Mags.

We were dreading it but it went surprisingly well, even used the hairdryer on him afterwards. He's in his basket now with a look in his eyes that says he's not falling for that one again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Just don't try it on Olivia or Tirzah!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-08-2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just don't try it on Olivia or Tirzah!
Ha ha. Tirzah was on top of the freezer looking down in complete horror in case she was next. I wonder if anyone has every attempted to bath a cat?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha ha. Tirzah was on top of the freezer looking down in complete horror in case she was next. I wonder if anyone has every attempted to bath a cat?
Once - and only once - It took a lot of brandy and bandages!

Year, ago I was decorating and my then cat, Merlin, followed me up the step ladder - fell off the top - into a bucket of wallpaper paste - the fungicidal type. Was frightened it would poison him - so washed him in the kitchen sink. Not a pleasant experience for either of us!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:30 PM

LD Murtagh is growing fast .

Chloe loves the hair drier, when I am drying my hair she rushes upstairs to have it trained on her beard
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
(pronounced Merta - as fans of Outlander will know )
It is a Gaelic name and means something like Navigator of the seas.

We collected him on Wednesday and he has made such a good start. The one and a half hour car journey back didn't phase him - slept most of the way but was a little sick as we arrived home. He is just over 8 weeks old and is a Cockerpoo, (Poodle dad, Spaniel Mum).

He is already responding to a little basic training, sit etc and is doing his business in the garden. I have sectioned off a little area for him with his own parasol to keep the sun off him.

I slept on the sofa the first night ( I use the term slept, lightly), he was awake about every hour and a half for a wee or a play but we came to an understanding in the end. My biggest problem was remembering where I had put everything like poo bags and wipes, so when Mrs LD came in the room the next morning, she said it looked like a bomb had gone off. We were both asleep on the sofa, me sitting bolt upright. Last night was much better, he only awoke three times.

Nothing seems to bother him, loud noises, motorbikes, vacuum cleaner but the cats are keeping their distance at the moment. If I leave the room, he only whines for a minute, then settles down.

Had his first injection today so he has been sleeping it off in the garden.... as was I. Had his first MOT too and all seems to be working as it should be including his microchip.

Anyway here are few pics, I'm sure there will be more to follow.

It's been a long day.

Lovely little fellow!

Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top