Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 08:21 PM

Re: I should have been a vet before having cats!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That was a great outcome Twink. I'm glad he is OK, he suffers enough as it is - keep up the good work.

This might be a ridiculous question but is there a chance that the grass grew form a seed in his nostril?

This story reminds me of when one of my goldfish was looking a bit off colour and I noticed something sticking out of his mouth, so I gently pulled it out and discovered a 3 inch worm.
No I am certain it was a piece of grass that had got under his soft palate when he chewed some grass, as cats do... but it took some forceful sneezing to move it to his nostril, so he will be having another dose of Metacam tomorrow, to make sure he has no more discomfort.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 08:31 PM

One of my cats had a piece of grass up her nostril.
Floyd (the late, great, Fluffy - Boy) had a piece of something black in his poo which was still attached to his bum. I pulled it gently (using a poo bag) it was a length of black weed suppressant, he must have found some grass to eat at the side of the gravel. It was about a foot long!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:08 PM

Twink, l am glad you got the ‘foreign body’ out of your cat’s nose. I know you thought it was a grass seed to start with.

You have saved yourself a lot of money, by dealing with it yourself.
Imagine, if a vet had dealt with it? The investigation and diagnosis would have cost you a bomb!

You should have your own section on this site... Veterinary Twink’s Diagnosis Department, At Your Service.
Home visits welcome!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 06:43 AM

I think we all do our best for our pets, and sharing our experiences on here, may help others.

Art, the 3 visits to the vet, including his dental treatment have already cost almost £700, so it was still an expensive exercise!

There must be some vets who are over 50, who would like to advise us all......so why are there no vets on OFF!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
One of my cats had a piece of grass up her nostril.
Floyd (the late, great, Fluffy - Boy) had a piece of something black in his poo which was still attached to his bum. I pulled it gently (using a poo bag) it was a length of black weed suppressant, he must have found some grass to eat at the side of the gravel. It was about a foot long!
Ooooh, not had the weed suppressant thread hanging from Holly's bum, but pieces of thick grass in the past. I use the poop scoop inside a bag to grab and pull.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think we all do our best for our pets, and sharing our experiences on here, may help others.

Art, the 3 visits to the vet, including his dental treatment have already cost almost £700, so it was still an expensive exercise!

There must be some vets who are over 50, who would like to advise us all......so why are there no vets on OFF!
They are all aboard their luxury yachts in the Med.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top