Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 10:52 PM

Re: Attackers lawfully killed

Terrorists or not our legal system has to be followed. No matter what we may personally believe should happen there are laws that apply and they have to be seen to apply to everyone under any circumstances.

An Inquest is part of our Judicial and Court system, when anyone dies or is killed in the UK, depending on the circumstances, the Coroner is then informed. It is for the Coroner if necessary to order an Inquest with a Jury to ascertain the circumstances surrounding that death.

In the case of the police shooting someone dead there is a legal procedure police have to follow, this is all part of their training. It is for the Inquest to find out if this procedure was followed. If it was and the circumstances are proved and that course of action was necessary that is when a verdict of 'legally killed' is given. If it is not proven then a verdict of 'unlawful killing' would be given and the police officer would have to face the charges brought against him / her.

Having to make a split second decision on whether to use lethal force is not one I would like to have to make. Just imagine, that police officer now has to live for the rest of his / her life with that decision, even though the action was proved necessary that must be quite difficult to live with. They may be trained to do their job but are still human beings.

As much as I agree with having police carrying firearms and being expected to use them when necessary, I wouldn't do their job for any amount of money, no way.

It's not an easy read but information about the Coroner's Court and Inquests can be found on the link below:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/coroners
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:35 AM

All credit to the unarmed policemen that chased the murderers and called for help. Very brave men.

However still no justice for the police that murdered Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes in cold blood in 2005 - that is long overdue..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:59 AM

They were one head of a hydra.

Each time this is done the wounds are not being cauterised.

(Check out labours of Hercules)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
All credit to the unarmed policemen that chased the murderers and called for help. Very brave men.

However still no justice for the police that murdered Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes in cold blood in 2005 - that is long overdue..
Oh come on, the police did NOT murder him. He represented collateral damage at worst and should not have been in the UK anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:26 AM

As long as we think this is the British way, so the right way, these murdering thugs will continue to risk their lives to attempt to gain control of the UK ( and other parts of Europe).
If you murder innocent people on the streets & the police shoot you, I believe the police are saving us at least £47,000 per murderer, per year, by reducing the cost of keeping them in prison!

There can be no such thing as justice, when dealing with terrorists, so I believe it is justified to treat them exactly as they treat their victims.... who have done them no harm!

Perhaps they understand the method of punishment that is used by their own people.
I watched a video where a young boy, who had stolen a loaf of bread was held down by men while they ran a car over his arm till it was severed from his body. If this is they kind of punishment they understand ( and eye for and eye etc) perhaps it is the punishment we should use on them!

The only other alternative is to ban them from entering this country....and that wont happen because the British don't want to be considered racist!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

17-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
As long as we think this is the British way, so the right way, these murdering thugs will continue to risk their lives to attempt to gain control of the UK ( and other parts of Europe).
If you murder innocent people on the streets & the police shoot you, I believe the police are saving us at least £47,000 per murderer, per year, by reducing the cost of keeping them in prison!

There can be no such thing as justice, when dealing with terrorists, so I believe it is justified to treat them exactly as they treat their victims.... who have done them no harm!

Perhaps they understand the method of punishment that is used by their own people.
I watched a video where a young boy, who had stolen a loaf of bread was held down by men while they ran a car over his arm till it was severed from his body. If this is they kind of punishment they understand ( and eye for and eye etc) perhaps it is the punishment we should use on them!

The only other alternative is to ban them from entering this country....and that wont happen because the British don't want to be considered racist!
The problem with shooting the SOB's is that they fervently believe they will go straight to paradise. They really do.

As for banning entry to them being called a nasty name no matter how inappropriate it may be should not stop it happening.

Many years ago Roman Catholicism was proscribed in this country when it became a threat to Britain which had turned to Protestantism and the Roman Catholic church was intent on controling our country. Today we are faced with a --- faith --- that is hell bent on that objective.

Go figure.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The problem with shooting the SOB's is that they fervently believe they will go straight to paradise. They really do.

As for banning entry to them being called a nasty name no matter how inappropriate it may be should not stop it happening.

Many years ago Roman Catholicism was proscribed in this country when it became a threat to Britain which had turned to Protestantism and the Roman Catholic church was intent on controling our country. Today we are faced with a --- faith --- that is hell bent on that objective.

Go figure.
I am sorry but I believe that anybody who is stupid enough to believe that there is life after death, & go out to demonstrate that is what they want, should be glad if the police shoot them.... yet many terrorist go into hiding after escaping capture.

Everybody can believe as they wish, but if that means they are entitled to kill those who have different beliefs, it just shows that ALL religions are a means of controlling the people. Why don't the heads of other religions join together against terrorists, are their followers all stupid?
I have strong beliefs that the world would be better if no religion existed... but I wont post details now!

Religion is just a power struggle & those who produce the most children are going to win. Isn't that why Catholics were encouraged not to use contraceptives!
I have no time for religious beliefs, they are all just ancient distorted stories which have been improved for effect, over the years..... but they have all made money from their stories!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:14 AM

Islam is the only religion whose 'martyers ' seem intent on taking innocent defenceless unbelievers with them .
If they are so intent on Paradise why not attack an army barracks or better still just shoot themselves in the head ,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Oh come on, the police did NOT murder him. He represented collateral damage at worst and should not have been in the UK anyway.
An innocent, unarmed man chased and shot on a London Tube? If that is not murder I don't know what is.

I don't know if he should have been in the UK but that is no excuse for murdering him either. It was a disgraceful incident and someone should have been charged with murder.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:29 AM

It was a case of mistaken identity the terrorist suspect lived in the flat above him .
It was sad and a huge blunder on the part of the police .
However imo there is no comparison with deleiberately mowing down men women and children with a vehicle or stabbing them with a knife .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top