Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Re: Happy 100th Birthday Betty

I love Betty’s.
My favourite branch is in my local town - doesn’t have the kind of queues they have in the larger branches.

I go there as a special treat, with my sister or occasionally on my own.

This thread has just reminded me, my lovely son sent me a Betty’s voucher in with my Mother’s Day card and I haven’t spent it yet - I think a lunch at Betty’s may be on the cards sometime soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I love Betty’s.
My favourite branch is in my local town - doesn’t have the kind of queues they have in the larger branches.

I go there as a special treat, with my sister or occasionally on my own.

This thread has just reminded me, my lovely son sent me a Betty’s voucher in with my Mother’s Day card and I haven’t spent it yet - I think a lunch at Betty’s may be on the cards sometime soon.
Take me with ya lol
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You should see the queues outside the York branch each day - for bot the shop and the cafe. It is certainly a tourist attraction - but, I have to say, I find it over rated.

The last time I was in a 'Betty's' was in Harlow Carr Gardens. Had gone with a friend for the day and we just wanted a drink and sandwich. The prices were so extortionate we did stay.

I don't mind paying for quality - but will not pay just for a name.
I’m not impressed with the Harlow Carr branch, either.
As an RSH member, I visit Harlow Carr quite often but have only tried the Betty’s cafe once - it’s not a “proper” Betty’s, in my opinion - more like a National Trust cafe.
I always take my own picnic lunch and sit on a garden bench to enjoy it if I go to Harlow Carr because I’m not impressed with any of the catering outlets there.
Boot
England

17-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Take me with ya lol
You’d be welcome to join me - but I don’t think my £10 voucher will fully cover lunch for one, never mind two! - it may get us a cup of coffee each!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I can't believe that place is still going. We went there once years ago and were not impressed with it.
Maybe the menu doesn't suit spiders..........
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Maybe the menu doesn't suit spiders..........
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:20 PM

Never been but it's got some good reviews on trip advisor, happy birthday to them! 100 years wow that's what I call a successful business!

Do you know, I ve never been to Harrogate and it's not that far away is it
So posh, the local fire brigade is ex-directory.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:38 PM

What is 'posh' about being ex-directory, many people are these days?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top