Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Re: Power of Attorney

When the time comes my husband and I will go into a care home, we would never wish our children to have to look after us in their own homes.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:44 AM

Hi

Try getting one for a family member who has epilepsy following a Brain Injury and who now has Post Concussion Syndrome, cannot think straight, almost deaf and slurred speech and living thousands of miles away.

A complete nightmare.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:58 AM

My kids have POA now since last year . Finance and health . I've told both i do not want to be kept alive on a machine etc etc and I have written a letter to this effect and left it in a tin with my copy of will .

Although they have POA I believe the moment I die that ends and bank accounts etc are shut down until probate .

Yes I'm happy for them to have it in case I loose it . It's a relief really
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Try getting one for a family member who has epilepsy following a Brain Injury and who now has Post Concussion Syndrome, cannot think straight, almost deaf and slurred speech and living thousands of miles away.

A complete nightmare.
It could have been difficult for us, as we decided to sort out power of attorney after my husband came out of hospital having had a brain haemorrhage in 2006. It had trashed all the left side of his brain. However, the husband of a former colleague of his, who was a psychotherapist, signed a form saying my husband was able to understand and agree to the POA. Our solicitor was on the verge of retiring and insisted on doing our POAs for free which was kind of him. Admittedly we had a lot of dealings with him over the years as we have bought and sold quite a number of properties.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:29 PM

Having to visit my solicitor today to make a new will I enquired about the cost of POA both financial and health .
As a person not wishing to impose decisions about my possible future health conditions on the executors of my will , etc .(I mean it’s a big moral responsibility ?) I was advised the firm could be appointed to act .
The cost of both financial and health ? With vat , around £850 .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My kids have POA now since last year . Finance and health . I've told both i do not want to be kept alive on a machine etc etc and I have written a letter to this effect and left it in a tin with my copy of will .

Although they have POA I believe the moment I die that ends and bank accounts etc are shut down until probate .

Yes I'm happy for them to have it in case I loose it . It's a relief really
That’s how you should feel about trusting family members to have their best intentions.
Note: bias opinion at the moment so best not to add anything else
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 11:14 PM

i know this is an old thread but I am searching for something else. you can do both parts online on the Govt site and it’s very easy. i did both parts for my late Mum and it was invaluable.Off the top of my head it was about £80 for each part. Solicitors quoted me £1200 to do it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 11:20 PM

Say no more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top