Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:22 AM

Re: Talking about Gobby Women...

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I'm new to Australian politics and was disappointed to discover that this great country has it's tongue firmly up the USA bum,much like the UK.New Zealand usually tells them where they can stick it,so they are OK by me.
Well yeah. I would not put it exactly like that PS. Australia has been in close alliance with the US since WW2 when they virtually saved us from in invasion in the Battle of the Coral Sea. Of course we are all buddies and cobbers with Japan now. Which is a good thing. Australia pulls it's weight and punches above it in the Pacific. The Geopolitics in this region is really precarious right now. Having an alliance that is effective and practical is a long way from just having "your tongue up..etc"
(Choice turn of phase btw ) And it is and has been about a whole lot more than just D.Trump. There is a lot to like about NZ. Especially their cool and classy PM. If every country..especially the UK!.. had a leader like her this flunked up world would be a much better place. But to be fair, I also gotta say it's easy to go on thinking that nobody will ever harm your harmless little old "Middle Earth" and we are just happy to mind our own business down here...etc. That is until somebody decides different . The "NZ" in ANZUS needs to mean something. What the UK does on the other hand doesn't mean much in this region really does it?.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:15 AM

If the US had not embargoed oil and scrap metal and trade in general with Japan, Pearl Harbour would not have occurred . Japan's big disadvantage has always been lack of natural resources. 93% of copper for example, was sourced from the USA and this was cut off together with oil and other essentials.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:30 AM

Its usually safer talking about Gobby Women, than, talking to them!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
If the US had not embargoed oil and scrap metal and trade in general with Japan, Pearl Harbour would not have occurred . Japan's big disadvantage has always been lack of natural resources. 93% of copper for example, was sourced from the USA and this was cut off together with oil and other essentials.
Well Bob Menzies was known as "Pig Iron Bob" before the war because he sold cheap iron to Japan when many people were predicting correctly that we would cop it back in the form of bullets and shells. But we digress. Is the term "Gobby" meant to imply assertive?..strong? forthright?.outspoken?.I might be in a minority here but if it does then I love "gobby" women. I don't mean women..or anybody for that matter.. who use the "I'm a strong and outspoken..I speak my mind" line as an excuse for just being an ill mannered, belligerent bully. A woman can be "gobby" and dazzlingly charming and mesmerising at the same time. Michelle Obama?...Emma Watson are 2 examples.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Is the term "Gobby" meant to imply assertive?..strong? forthright?.outspoken?.I might be in a minority here but if it does then I love "gobby" women. I don't mean women..or anybody for that matter.. who use the "I'm a strong and outspoken..I speak my mind" line as an excuse for just being an ill mannered, belligerent bully. A woman can be "gobby" and dazzlingly charming and mesmerising at the same time. Michelle Obama?...Emma Watson are 2 examples.
No idea, it came from another thread.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:14 AM

I don't know what "Gobby" means either! A 'gob' I suppose is a mouth but in what way? Fluent? Loud? just big??
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I don't know what "Gobby" means either! A 'gob' I suppose is a mouth but in what way? Fluent? Loud? just big??
Gobby usually alludes to a loudmouth, someone who likes the sound of their own voice and who inflicts their opinions on others.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Gobby usually alludes to a loudmouth, someone who likes the sound of their own voice and who inflicts their opinions on others.
We've got one of those up here in Scotland.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Oh! It's not about Jess Phillips then!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Gobby women. Classic example of tautology.
Exsqueeze me?!

Allow me ladies..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top