Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

20-07-2019, 01:28 AM

Living without Drama

I feel that I have lived long enough that I should be able to have a life Drama free.

Not sure if that is possible, but I am going to give it a good try.

I have been told that it is not possible to grow as a person without Drama. I finished my growth stage some time ago. I do see my children going through drama with their families, but for the most part they deal with that on their own.

Just curious if anyone has been successful at living Drama Free?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:10 AM

Re: Living without Drama

Great question Indy. But I doubt that you'll find anybody who is drama free But I reckon it's possible to greatly reduce the amount of drama in your life. I did. And now I can honestly say I live ..relatively drama free. I started by taking responsibility for the dramas in my life and only relying on myself to reduce them. That didn't mean never asking for help. JUst not blaming others for them or at least expecting anybody else to change. Some wise person said.."Strive to have the will to change the things you can change, the strength to accept the things you can't..and the wisdom to know the difference"..Good practical advice for mine.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:27 AM

I like to think that if I maintain a positive attitude, and plow right with the mindset that almost no problem is unsolvable, problems don't become drama.

Except when it comes to aging skin. That problem is not solvable.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I like to think that if I maintain a positive attitude, and plow right with the mindset that almost no problem is unsolvable, problems don't become drama.

Except when it comes to aging skin. That problem is not solvable.
Absolutely! But with respect to aging skin, not now but probably not too far from now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Absolutely! But with respect to aging skin, not now but probably not too far from now.
Treatment will come just late enough to make me an object of curiosity
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:53 AM

Hahaha. Right! Good luck with this one!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Great question Indy. But I doubt that you'll find anybody who is drama free But I reckon it's possible to greatly reduce the amount of drama in your life. I did. And now I can honestly say I live ..relatively drama free. I started by taking responsibility for the dramas in my life and only relying on myself to reduce them. That didn't mean never asking for help. JUst not blaming others for them or at least expecting anybody else to change. Some wise person said.."Strive to have the will to change the things you can change, the strength to accept the things you can't..and the wisdom to know the difference"..Good practical advice for mine.
Great post. I like how you think.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:40 AM

Most of the dramas in my life have come from young people,now that's sorted,it's aged old people.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 05:47 AM

Most the dramas in my life are other peoples.... they just seem to drift my way
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 05:54 AM

I think there are lots of people who deliberately create drama, either as an antidote to their boring lives or to give themselves an illusion of importance. They live chaotic existences, mess up their relationships by rowing, infidelity or lies, can't hold down jobs, invent outrageous stories about themselves or people they know, always turn up late for appointments so they're the centre of attention when they do amble in .... and yes, I've known a few.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top