Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:56 AM

Lion King the movie

Another film which promises ground-breaking CGI.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:20 AM

Re: Lion King the movie

Queen said: "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

Mark Kermode says that, in this film, it's a seamless blend and therein, for some, including himself, lies the dilemma:

Inevitably, though, kids will accept the new reality as "normal" .....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Mark Kermode says that, in this film, it's a seamless blend and therein, for some, including himself, lies the dilemma:

He has a good point there. Are animated films becoming too real. I don't know the answer, but I always thought Disney film animations got better & the artists drawing/painting was amazing in several films. Didn't like the first computer animations, but this one takes it to a new level. I shall see it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I get what he is saying. It is extremely clever stuff but does it lose 'something' in the process? It's like the Pixar type films, very good but perhaps not as memorable as say the original Dumbo or Bambi.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I get what he is saying. It is extremely clever stuff but does it lose 'something' in the process? It's like the Pixar type films, very good but perhaps not as memorable as say the original Dumbo or Bambi.
I agree Bambi was beautifully drawn & painted & the scenery looked real. The animators then had real talent.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I agree Bambi was beautifully drawn & painted & the scenery looked real. The animators then had real talent.
And somehow the story was just as important as the illustrations.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-07-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And somehow the story was more just as important as the illustrations.
Yes, it was. I cry each time I watch it, daft I know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Hmmm. Not sure about this one. I found the new Jungle Book, not bad except the scale of some animals was a bit odd.
I'm not keen on remakes, I think there are plenty of stories out there to choose from without re-doing old ones.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 12:56 PM

I'm really looking forward to lion king
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 01:05 PM

A re-make of Top Gun is about to be released!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top