Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 09:40 AM

Re: I am not an animals lover ...

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
They are also capable of quite complex thought processes.

One of my cats certainly is - you can see him sit and work things out. He loves anything mechanical and is really good at switching lights on and pressing the buttons that change the CDs on the bedroom stereo.

It is quite disconcerting when you are listening to Disc 1 of an audiobook and it suddenly changes to Disc 3 or 4!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 09:43 AM

I like the way chimpanzees have been known to rip peoples faces off if they feel like! very brainy!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One of my cats certainly is - you can see him sit and work things out. He loves anything mechanical and is really good at switching lights on and pressing the buttons that change the CDs on the bedroom stereo.

It is quite disconcerting when you are listening to Disc 1 of an audiobook and it suddenly changes to Disc 3 or 4!
Can i suggest one of these ST

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:02 AM

There is 'plenty' of evidence out there of the intelligence of animals including sea creatures, I have seen plenty of this evidence, you've only got to watch the docus I watch and you will soon be convinced.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Not too good at recognising humour, SB, are you? And a tad behind in biology at school I suspect.
Noooooooooooo you are so wrong ...
I am really great at recognizing humour ....
I think you are sooooooooooo funny ...
What you said made me laugh ...

SWEDEN OPENS FIRST MOVIE THEATER FOR DOGS
Jan 14, 2011
Will films such as Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore or Lassie ever be shown on the big screen again? If all things go as planned for one animal festival in Sweden, it's highly likely.

According to PeoplePets.com, a pet exhibition in Stockholm featured a movie screening with four-legged rather than two-legged audience members in mind. Coordinated by Fox Home Entertainment, the event included a showing of the recent Owen Wilson comedy Marmaduke.

"A cinema for dogs! This sounded like music to me," project manager Gerd Linden told the news outlet. "A movie with a dog as the principal actor at a pet exhibition? [How] could we do something else?"

The news outlet reports that there were around 20 pooches in attendance for eight different screenings, and festival organizers hope to continue the tradition every year.

This wouldn't be the first time a typically human event was geared towards canines. According to MSNBC.com, a Manhattan dog hotel allows participants to not only be treated like royalty, but attend a disco dance as well.

Humour !!!! what so funny about it now ...
People starve while dogs go to movies ...

This comment you said .
And a tad behind in biology at school I suspect.
Was a wee bit uncalled for .. I am embarrassed to say
you are right ... I flunk out on biology ...
Not to brag... I did well in Math an Religion ....
As far as I am concern .. your logic doesn't add up ...
Don't worry about it .. I did learn about forgiveness..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:43 AM

It isn't the dogs that take themselves off to the cinema is it ....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Animals really don't care .. because they don't have a brain ...
You are mistaken it's the scarecrow who didn't have a brain.

Do try to keep up.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:59 AM

My dogs are considerably more intelligent, sensitive and caring than many of the "humans" I have worked with over the years (criminals, junkies etc). Having said that, I tend to agree that animals are animals and to anthropomorphise them in the way some people do is beyond parody. Dogs are dogs, not "furbabies" (a phrase that I really hate) and should be treated with the respect they deserve as sentient beings, not patronised as cuddly mini-humans.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
It isn't the dogs that take themselves off to the cinema is it ....

Quite Patsy, nor is it the dogs who book themselves into hotels, taxis, spa's or any other unecessary, stupid, man made luxury. It's all just a money spinner aimed at those who are clueless and have more money than sense.
The poor dogs would probably be much happier running about in the sunshine than being messed about with because of their insane owner's whims.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Sorry folks ...
I stand corrected .. animals are smarter then human ...

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top