Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Re: The Remainers Party Political Broadcast - CH4.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You haven't addressed the issue and are hiding behind remain voters as an excuse.

Why would people be positive about something that wastes resources and leaves us in a worse position? That was clear to remain voters from the start. I predicted a shambles 2 years ago because we had no plan. We will end up in a half baked arrangement. There is no real "leave" that was all a con. Make all the excuses you like but it was clear from the start.
Mainly because for me and many others these agreements or lack of them wasn't our reason to vote out. If our political leaders aren't up to the job they shouldn't have asked the question in the first place. They have only themselves to blame and trying to scare us into voting remain was never going to work, they explained nothing, they campaigned badly. Not my fault they got an answer they didn't like.

As for positivism, it's important we are all positive I'm having a down day today I feel dreadfully sad, that makes me feel unwell too, I need to get my mood back to a good positive one to feel better. The country IMO is the same.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We aren't paddling away from European shores, we will still deal with them but we will be dealing with others too. Not good to have all your eggs in one basket.
Do you currently buy Lidl and Aldi? Both are german, so after brexit their products will be subject to custom tariffs, driving up their prices. Being price fighters they will not survive and close shop. So loss of employment.
Prices will go up, just as they went down when Lidl and Aldi fought their way in.
Project fear? Don't fool yourself.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Do you currently buy Lidl and Aldi? Both are german, so after brexit their products will be subject to custom tariffs, driving up their prices. Being price fighters they will not survive and close shop. So loss of employment.
Prices will go up, just as they went down when Lidl and Aldi fought their way in.
Project fear? Don't fool yourself.
No I like a British store for my shopping and I try to buy British goods where I can. I'm told by people in the know if we have free trade with other countries our food can go down, I quite like idea fruits may be cheaper but that's not why I voted.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:29 PM

No I like a British store for my shopping and I try to buy British goods where I can. I'm told by people in the know if we have free trade with other countries our food can go down, I quite like idea fruits may be cheaper but that's not why I voted.
I'm glad for you. Then there is no reason for you complain should prices go up, contrary to information you now believe.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:13 PM

After 29th March 2019 we will not have ANY trade agreements with any country. WHY? because the trade agreements we currently trade under where reached by ourselves and the EU and are signed under the EU. THEY WILL NOT BE VALID after we leave.

After Brexit: the UK will need to renegotiate at least 759 treaties.

Don't be a Rabb and start understanding>
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm glad for you. Then there is no reason for you complain should prices go up, contrary to information you now believe.
I hope pprices do go up.

Cheap food and supermarkets' rampant consumerism is destroying the environment.

I'm liking Brexit more and more !
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I hope pprices do go up.

Cheap food and supermarkets' rampant consumerism is destroying the environment.

I'm liking Brexit more and more !
Me too!

I'm looking forward to the time when our MPs have re-developed some negotiation and Management Skills.

(If they ever had any)

We've kept all of them on full pay (and allowances,) throughout this Eu membership period and now, as we need to agree our exit plans and processes, they clearly cannot hack it.

Why we ever kept them all on, through all these years, is a mystery.

They just do what the EU tells them to do!

Luckily, Barnier seems now to be agreeing that some changes, at the EU, might be necessary.

His puppet masters might be stirring....!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-11-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Me too!

I'm looking forward to the time when our MPs have re-developed some negotiation and Management Skills.

(If they ever had any)

We've kept all of them on full pay (and allowances,) throughout this Eu membership period and now, as we need to agree our exit plans and processes, they clearly cannot hack it.

Why we ever kept them all on, through all these years, is a mystery.

They just do what the EU tells them to do!

Luckily, Barnier seems now to be agreeing that some changes, at the EU, might be necessary.

His puppet masters might be stirring....!
Completely agree !

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top