Join for free
Page 216 of 370 « First < 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:37 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ruthio, it sounds like your ankle injury is the thing of the past. Yay! I do have to say I envy you the company sometimes. One of the worst - and best -aspects of running is that you do it alone.

Now as for The Messiah, save me a seat! Better yet, scoot over and I'll sing too....or now that I think about my upper range these days, maybe not .
Thanks for your encouragement!
Yes ankle is fine now...I know what you mean about the company, I do love to walk alone too!
I used to jog years ago, it stopped me from going crazy when the children were small!

Tickets are selling well, it may yet be a sellout, how exciting!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thanks for your encouragement!
Yes ankle is fine now...I know what you mean about the company, I do love to walk alone too!
I used to jog years ago, it stopped me from going crazy when the children were small!

Tickets are selling well, it may yet be a sellout, how exciting!!
Are the tickets for the Messiah or to watch you return to jogging Ruthio.....

If it's to watch you jogging put me down for one....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are the tickets for the Messiah or to watch you return to jogging Ruthio.....

If it's to watch you jogging put me down for one....
Cheeky monkey!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Cheeky monkey!
It's your own fault for being so attractive Ruthio....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-11-2018, 12:54 PM

I broke out my best running shoes this morning and ran out of my socks....
I only wish I could repeat the recipe for a good run when required.....
I would have liked to blame it on the muffins smothered with honey that I had for supper last night.....But I forgot to buy some and went to bed early with no supper....
It was only a six miler though.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Well done on the 6-miler, Bob. Only? That's a great achievement by anyone's standards.

Ruthio, good news on the ankle - let's hope it holds out for you

My leg training will now have to take place tomorrow as me and Mrs. F took a drive out to Hornsea to get some sea air. My training session will take place tomorrow like it did last week

And...I have applied for a new job. Early days yet, but a CV has been sent off so here's hoping for at least an interview to start the ball rolling again. The last time I went for a new career was when I left the RAF over 18 years ago.
I intended to begin looking for a new career around June 2020 when my debts are all paid off but I have nothing to lose by beginning my job search now and if the right one comes along which covers my outgoings (without having to work nights) I might as well do it.
I'm not saying a word to anyone at work about this. I'd rather just leave quietly come the time
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:25 AM

I would like to mention that I joined a gym last Friday and it has a 25 metre pool which I had a wonderful swim in. The membership includes all racket sports, weight room, spin room, yoga classes, sauna , whirlpool, exercise classes, indoor track, and skating rink.

I’m really glad I joined because I was really missing swimming plus it’s inspired me to start doing different types of exercise and to be a bit more social. I tend to shy away from others so this is a plus.

I swam just under a mile, plopped myself in the whirlpool and sat in the sauna while deep conditioning my hair. It was heavenly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I would like to mention that I joined a gym last Friday and it has a 25 metre pool which I had a wonderful swim in. The membership includes all racket sports, weight room, spin room, yoga classes, sauna , whirlpool, exercise classes, indoor track, and skating rink.

I’m really glad I joined because I was really missing swimming plus it’s inspired me to start doing different types of exercise and to be a bit more social. I tend to shy away from others so this is a plus.

I swam just under a mile, plopped myself in the whirlpool and sat in the sauna while deep conditioning my hair. It was heavenly.
Well done on joining a gym Bratti. Great effort on the swim there too.
It's really nice to see you in this thread also.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 07:06 AM

How exciting, Bratti! I can't wait to hear about what you think about the different offerings. You are doing SO well!

Floydy, I went back to your last lengthy post to catch up on your separate exercises. That's an impressive cardio workout. You've got it right to vary speeds and inclines on the "dreadmill". You'll be faster and better conditioned because of it.

OGF, so much for your snack theory! We won't tell though. Just make sure it wasn't an anomaly you might give your experiment another go...and another...

Sundays are family day on the beach, which means I am ever dodging holes and toddlers who, in racing about, could care less about the old lady jogging across their paths. They dash about in abandon, squealing as they run into the cool water or bent over with their pails and shovels. With stops, starts and sudden, necessary changes in direction, it becomes an unspoken game of dodge. Great fun!

The sun, now in in a lower arc, slides close to the horizon making for cooler temperatures. Without the humidity and heat, my times are picking up and the distances seem easier. I set my halfway point for a red and white umbrella, but when I manage to reach it, I decide to run to the green one...and then the blue ...

6.5 miles. Life is good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sundays are family day on the beach, which means I am ever dodging holes and toddlers who, in racing about, could care less about the old lady jogging across their paths. They dash about in abandon, squealing as they run into the cool water or bent over with their pails and shovels. With stops, starts and sudden, necessary changes in direction, it becomes an unspoken game of dodge. Great fun!

The sun, now in in a lower arc, slides close to the horizon making for cooler temperatures. Without the humidity and heat, my times are picking up and the distances seem easier. I set my halfway point for a red and white umbrella, but when I manage to reach it, I decide to run to the green one...and then the blue ...

6.5 miles. Life is good.
Well done on your run, Suzie, but I'm wondering if you can perhaps find a different route to take? It sounds like you're trying to run through a kindergarten! Or maybe go at a different time of day?
It reminds me of when I used to go swimming in the afternoons. I would try to get it done before the kids left school as you end up spending most of the time dodging the screaming brats dive bombing you as you try to negotiate that minefield.

With the torrential rain I noticed out of my bedroom window on waking this afternoon I have shelved my legs session for a further day. There's no way I even want to venture outdoors to the car - gym - car and back in this gloomy weather. Ho hum, no sweat. There's always another day!

Page 216 of 370 « First < 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top