Join for free
Page 210 of 1676 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 710 1210 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 09:26 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You men make me laugh with your wise and witty posts .... long may they continue!
Amen to that
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
IN THE BEGINNING ........

very clever Gummy.
I have to ask...
is it original?
nothing is original RJ you know that you are teasing me - all thoughts come from GOD and she may not be original either?

but I still love my greens and spuds; always cook in olive oil and sometimes even bathe in it!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
nothing is original RJ you know that you are teasing me - all thoughts come from GOD and she may not be original either?

but I still love my greens and spuds; always cook in olive oil and sometimes even bathe in it!

Thankyou Gummy for giving me an opportunity to quote from the good book once more.

Take this quote for instance

Ecclesiastes 1:9New International Version (NIV)

9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

circa 600 bc

Ps, do you find it spurs you on to write inspiring stuff, knowing that Mags & May are reading our output enthusiastically (bless them).

God? She? now you're really pushing the boat out.

Those who set out to debunk myths sometimes find they have mythed the point, you dig?

Time for a break in the communal gardens with a hipflask of original Southern Comfort.
Football is on the tv tonight, but I would sooner watch my union jack underwear going round and round in the laundry room
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Thankyou Gummy for giving me an opportunity to quote from the good book once more.

Take this quote for instance

circa 600 bc

Ps, do you find it spurs you on to write inspiring stuff, knowing that Mags & May are reading our output enthusiastically (bless them).

God? She? now you're really pushing the boat out.

Those who set out to debunk myths sometimes find they have mythed the point, you dig?

Time for a break in the communal gardens with a hipflask of original Southern Comfort.
Football is on the tv tonight, but I would sooner watch my union jack underwear going round and round in the laundry room
Ah RJ but what sun ? surely there are myriads in the universe sonny Jim!

I feel mythed about the whole damn thing!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:14 PM

Thank you ladies for your kind remarks.

circa 600 b

Circa 600 B, why the B? could they not find the original A?

I believe that everything has been done before and then all was lost in a great global natural disaster. Have we learned anything from this?, not a bit we just just keep discovering old lost stuff and think we are the bee’s knees, we are even doing away with paper now and closing all the libraries, all the stuff is going to be available on one big massive cloud, could that become cloud 9?
At least the stone age folks had sense enough to leave their knowledge on rocks in caves, had it not been for the carvings in caves we would know bugger all about our own early history. Methinks it’s time to put all our important stuff onto stone slabs and store it in a big hole in the back garden like they used to, only good solid stone can withstand all that nature throws against us, just ask Fred Flintstone, he had the right idea but the modernists just laughed at him. I’m going out to the shed now to find a sharp chisel and a sound hammer, I sent the missus up to the quarry with a handcart and a sledgehammer to fetch me a large rock, I want to write my will, I told her not to forget a few medium sized stones too just in case I have to add a codicil or two.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
rising damp I'd say - and too much of the golden amber!
Not so Gummy, not now the Units are in the Spreadsheet, it's good to observe the Unitarianism.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

circa 600 b

I believe that everything has been done before and then all was lost in a great global natural disaster. Have we learned anything from this?, not a bit we just just keep discovering old lost stuff and think we are the bee’s knees, we are even doing away with paper now and closing all the libraries, all the stuff is going to be available on one big massive cloud, could that become cloud 9?
At least the stone age folks had sense enough to leave their knowledge on rocks in caves, had it not been for the carvings in caves we would know bugger all about our own early history. Methinks it’s time to put all our important stuff onto stone slabs and store it in a big hole in the back garden like they used to, only good solid stone can withstand all that nature throws against us, just ask Fred Flintstone, he had the right idea but the modernists just laughed at him. I’m going out to the shed now to find a sharp chisel and a sound hammer, I sent the missus up to the quarry with a handcart and a sledgehammer to fetch me a large rock, I want to write my will, I told her not to forget a few medium sized stones too just in case I have to add a codicil or two.

That's why I often print a copy of the Spreadsheet, and leave it with the local Stonemason.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 06:05 PM

YYUR
YYUB
ICUR
YY4ME

B s/b BC, but I had some pizza crumbs in the keyboard and lost all the "Cs" I typed hence for B read BC.

Afternoon tea is ready "Coming dear......." I'll shake the keyboard afterwards to release all the trapped "Cs"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

circa 600 b

I find the whole thing plausible but am between a rock and a hard place to promulgate it's likelyhood,
as you say, we just don't know.

It's rather like the time when 2 scientists met God to demonstrate they had produced life in a jam jar.
"Ok show me" said the Lord

The cocksure scientists prattled on and said first take some dirt

HOLD ON God boomed

Go FIND YOUR OWN DIRT........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 10:03 PM

That raised a chuckle RJ, one of your rare ‘Dirty’ jokes.

“Oh to be an celestial rock hurling through the sky
Travelling on forever and passing everything by
No worry no cares, no graces no airs
Free from all life’s traps and snares
Going at speed to wherever I desire
Looking for water ‘cos my arse is on fire.

Just been watching an old film “Sewers of Gold” 1979, about a bank robbery. I was enjoying it until I realised that they were not going to get away with it, they weren’t allowed to back then in the films, shame really because nobody was hurt and they were all safety deposit boxes that were opened and the probable ill gotten gains removed. So many good old films are ruined when you know they must be caught in the end, what petty hypocrisy treating everyone like children, how did we put up with that for so long?

Page 210 of 1676 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 710 1210 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top