Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 01:29 PM

New gym member

Having put on a few extra llbs and spent my life dieting and failing over and over I was encouraged to go to the gym for a freebie session by my friend who's 14 yrs younger . The day arrived and my body was crying out "please don't do this to me " I reluctantly got into her car dreading this hour . Arriving I couldn't take my eyes off the bulging muscles and taught bodies of the men , I had to stop myself from reaching over and feeling their muscles . There were some females , some gorgeous , some just like me a few llbs to get off . I got on the bike thing and peddled and the machine told me I'd lost 7 calories in 15 mins , €! $,, €× this for a lark says I , I'll give the treadmill a go . Ya know what , I enjoyed it , I was changing the speed and walked uphill and on the flat , watching the TV and enjoying the thumping music and guess what the delightful machine told me I'd lost 500 calories in 50 minutes , I could have kissed it . Then I had a go on the fat wobbler as I called it , it bounced and shook me till I almost fell off laughing . I won't be doing any weight lifting or tummy crunches or daft stuff like that but I'm definately going back to join even if I treadmill for 50 minutes a couple of times a week .

All this done by someone who's never done any real excersice apart from general stuff in her life .

P.S , I'll let you know if I keep it up
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Re: New gym member

Hi

Good for you.

I have just bought one of these.

https://www.highstreettv.com/wonder-core-2.html

£50, used once, the lady did not like it.

An ill wind etc.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Well done Susan. Take it easy initially and you will soon notice how much more you can do in time. Good luck.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 05:29 PM

how are you on the physical jerks?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 07:46 PM

Good for you susan. I hope you keep it up. The hardest part is going for the first time, so if you enjoyed it, I'm sure you will return.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 07:57 PM

Well done susan, good for you.

As long as you're enjoying it, I think it's excellent.
Are you having some one-to-one tuition, I hope they are not leaving you to muddle along on your own.

I went for a few months late last year too, but unlike you, I didn't like the awful loud music, and some days the air-con nearly blew me off me perch!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:01 PM

Well done Susan !
I hate gyms its the boredom factor.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well done Susan !
I hate gyms its the boredom factor.
I thought that was a TV programme.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:11 PM

Susan m, well done in getting yourself motivated to join a gym.
Not only is it difficult to make those first steps towards losing weight, but to actually have the self-confidence in not being embarrassed to be a newcomer at a gym full of those "toned, muscular bodies", is truly commendable.
I'm sure as you get into it more, you will become more accustomed to the other exercise machines which may look like things from outer space to you at the moment. Believe me, you will be so inquisitive that you will find your way and enjoy the whole scenario very soon indeed. A good way is to watch others and try these routines out for yourself.

But whatever you do, Susan, make sure you don't injure yourself; always use the machines and weights correctly.
Good luck and keep us posted how you get on.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Today I'm joining , by paying upfront it means I've got to make the effort . I will be given a plan and weighed by the trainer and won't be allowed to take on anything heavy or too much , anyway I won't do what's not good for me . It's fascinating watching others using these huge weights . I watched a young girl running like mad on the treadmill wet with sweat , it looked like torture but she smiled at me and seemed to be enjoying it , then she moved onto those other alien machines . Made me think " Thank God I'm old " !

Thanks for the encouragement everyone , I'm fed up with feeling overweight and unfit so I hope to feel better about myself soon , even if it means my jeans arnt as tight .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top