Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Re: Frack Off!

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"We" are the millions of people who have been roused from their socially conditioned stupor and who have woken up, no longer "Sheeple". People who are very aware of what is going on and who do their research to find answers instead of swallowing the lies and misleads of authority figures and organisations.

Countryside being wrecked????

Are you for real?

This is an aerial view of Lancaster over the Cuadrilla site. I've outlined the Cuadrilla site in the red circle in case you missed it.

You can't possibly call that wrecking the countryside. It is a tiny footprint of land !!

This is my local MP on the picket line in Balcombe when cuadrilla tried to 'frack' in parts of the South Downs National Park, if Cuadrilla ever come back this way again, they can expect a very warm welcome from me too - with bricks, eggs and tomatoes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnfYjWmnNE
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
whose countrywide is being wrecked!
If you're worried about the countryside being wrecked you would be better objecting to HS2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
If you're worried about the countryside being wrecked you would be better objecting to HS2
Why would it be "better" for the poster ......
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"We" are the millions of people who have been roused from their socially conditioned stupor and who have woken up, no longer "Sheeple". People who are very aware of what is going on and who do their research to find answers instead of swallowing the lies and misleads of authority figures and organisations.

Countryside being wrecked????

Are you for real?

This is an aerial view of Lancaster over the Cuadrilla site. I've outlined the Cuadrilla site in the red circle in case you missed it.

You can't possibly call that wrecking the countryside. It is a tiny footprint of land !!

You're a serious loser if you think Cuadrilla will stop at one well??
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=im...6mY-Y1cLtdp2M:
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You're a serious loser if you think Cuadrilla will stop at one well??
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=im...6mY-Y1cLtdp2M:
I sincerely hope not.

Things might look rosy now, but the UK population is increasing beyond control. Certainly, the government is doing nothing about it anyway.

Then there is the added possibility that the Frogs may decide (out of spite) to reduce or even stop our importation of their nuclear electricity.

North Sea oil and gas will run out before long.

If the eco-warriors should be successful in preventing further fracking, the next decade or two could be quite interesting.

I suspect that when that happens, people will begin to change their minds when we have power cuts as in the '70s. I hope it won't be too late by then.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I sincerely hope not.

Things might look rosy now, but the UK population is increasing beyond control. Certainly, the government is doing nothing about it anyway.

Then there is the added possibility that the Frogs may decide (out of spite) to reduce or even stop our importation of their nuclear electricity.

North Sea oil and gas will run out before long.

If the eco-warriors should be successful in preventing further fracking, the next decade or two could be quite interesting.

I suspect that when that happens, people will begin to change their minds when we have power cuts as in the '70s. I hope it won't be too late by then.
Fossil fuels including that extracted from shale took millions of years to form and are getting towards depletion within about a century.
Our expectations are on demand availability. Renewable sources like wind and solar are on availability of the resource. Making the two match would require storage on a national scale. We are not there.

So yes, I agree. The next few decades could be a challenge.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Fossil fuels including that extracted from shale took millions of years to form and are getting towards depletion within about a century.
Our expectations are on demand availability. Renewable sources like wind and solar are on availability of the resource. Making the two match would require storage on a national scale. We are not there.

Great post Besoeker. I absolutely agree with you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->

Yes, fossil fuels will run out, although shale gas has yet to be fully exploited at present.

A longer term solution is nuclear fission. Yes, there is the problem of disposal, but that is perfectly achievable.

Nuclear fission could keep us going for many decades or possibly even centuries, because the quantities of fissionable materials are enormous compared to the quantities actually used.

Nevertheless, that too is bound to run out eventually and the next great means of energy production for the very long term future is nuclear fusion.

This has yet to be made to work in practical applications, but I am convinced that it will happen and, of course, the 'fuel' - water - is all around us.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top