Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 07:39 PM

Re: How much do you pay for Swimming/Gym Etc?

I pay for an Older Person's Card for our local Council Gym/Pool, which costs £6.75 and lasts a year. This lets me use the gym/pool all day if I want to for £2.75. No monthly fee either. The facilities are excellent and the gym has loads of machines to work out on.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I pay for an Older Person's Card for our local Council Gym/Pool, which costs £6.75 and lasts a year. This lets me use the gym/pool all day if I want to for £2.75. No monthly fee either. The facilities are excellent and the gym has loads of machines to work out on.
wow thats good value for money! Is it £6.75 a month or a week?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Don't forget though. If you get a large sized furry friend you're going to have to go on longer walks/spend more time throwing sticks or whatever to make sure he/she gets the exercise too.
Quite.
This is my black an white exercise machine. Sure, there is a cost. But I can't miss any sessions.

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
wow thats good value for money! Is it £6.75 a month or a week?
No, as mentioned in my post, it lasts a year. Good, isn't it! Once I've paid that, it's just £2.75 every time I go, and I usually manage at least a couple of hours every time I go. I try and get there at least once a week. I used to go there a couple of times a week and was building up to three times, although a health problem stopped that for 5 or 6 months. The machines there are quite hefty and I'm still getting over my heart attack (almost there) so I don't want to overdo it at the moment.

Much more than that and it could be the £28.50 per month option would be cheaper, but you have to pay every 6 months, which is not a small amount of cash to pay in one lump.

I also go to the local Age UK centre, which has a small but useful gym which has a couple of dozen training machines, and that only costs £1 per session (no membership fee) and that can be whatever length of time you want it to be. Beginners might only to 30 minutes, others do a couple of hours or more. Facilities are limited though... no changing rooms or showers, so you turn up ready to go. I go there at least twice a week at the moment.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:24 PM

No, as mentioned in my post, it lasts a year. Good, isn't it! Once I've paid that, it's just £2.75 every time I go, and I usually manage at least a couple of hours every time I go. I try and get there at least once a week. I used to go there a couple of times a week and was building up to three times, although a health problem stopped that for 5 or 6 months. The machines there are quite hefty and I'm still getting over my heart attack (almost there) so I don't want to overdo it at the moment.

Much more than that and it could be the £28.50 per month option would be cheaper, but you have to pay every 6 months, which is not a small amount of cash to pay in one lump.

I also go to the local Age UK centre, which has a small but useful gym which has a couple of dozen training machines, and that only costs £1 per session (no membership fee) and that can be whatever length of time you want it to be. Beginners might only to 30 minutes, others do a couple of hours or more. Facilities are limited though... no changing rooms or showers, so you turn up ready to go. I go there at least twice a week at the moment.
My machine does me three or four times a day. Every day.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Quite.
This is my black an white exercise machine. Sure, there is a cost. But I can't miss any sessions.

Gosh that's a big dog .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:43 PM

sorry I overlooked that bit, I got a bit excited when I saw how cheap it was!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

16-06-2018, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gosh that's a big dog .
Yes. At around 37kg/80lb he is a big chap. And, if I may say so, a handsome fellow.

More to the point, we walk. .He trims my waistline.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top