Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Re: Global warming?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm think there is climate change, climate changes have happened in the past with the ice age then it came warmer.

I think this year is very much like the summer of 1976 then after that year the summers were never as warm again. It seems like its a cycle.

I worry for the polar bears and all the animals that are affected by the climate.

I'm inclined to agree with fender, it's a natural phase.
I remember 76, just. It was fabulous to be a child then, but it felt nothing like this. Now the sun is like an oven or a flamethrower. It's a different feeling, oppressive, strange. I've noticed this in the last few years.

It's not just the UK, the hot countries have been getting hotter, the icecaps melting. The world can survive anything but humans can't. Surely we should be planning for the worst case?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is about the third hot summer in as many years but we have had some brief respite until this year. Southern Europe has had 40 degree heat in that time. Japan is now 40 degrees and people have died, 10k have been admitted to hospital. It's not just us. We have gotten off lightly.
Yes, that's true.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:42 PM

I remember 76, just. It was fabulous to be a child then, but it felt nothing like this. Now the sun is like an oven or a flamethrower. It's a different feeling, oppressive, strange. I've noticed this in the last few years.

It's not just the UK, the hot countries have been getting hotter, the icecaps melting. The world can survive anything but humans can't. Surely we should be planning for the worst case?
I reckon we already are, ...looking at other planets to inhabit. Of course, only the best will get to go.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-07-2018, 09:44 PM

To be fair, I think most of the wildfires are started by humans either deliberately or by a discarded cigarette.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I reckon we already are, ...looking at other planets to inhabit. Of course, only the best will get to go.
Well that's you and I with a 1st class seat then......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
To be fair, I think most of the wildfires are started by humans either deliberately or by a discarded cigarette.
I was just thinking that Longy, you read my mind, can you believe the morons? why on earth would anyone want to deliberately start a fire.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:46 PM

I know it's a purely hypothetical question, but given the choice, would you seriously want to leave the planet you're on?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Well that's you and I with a 1st class seat then......
Yep! I think we are required to populate Mars.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-07-2018, 09:48 PM

I know it's a purely hypothetical question, but given the choice, would you seriously want to leave the planet you're on?
I would love to. I know I would miss everything here but in theory, I would be up the front.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:52 PM

The way it is going, yes I would want to leave, but right now I don't feel ready to leave but then again I might not have a choice, I could be gone tomorrow!

I don't like what is happening in our world Annie

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top