Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: Secrets of the Great Pyramid of Giza

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have always been fascinated by the pyramids of Egypt, mainly the fact that there are possibly yet more hidden chambers to be found within them.

This article, however, describes scientific research which I found particularly interesting.

We've all heard the old supposition that pyramidal structures can 'sharpen razor blades', and many people have bought models whose manufacturers made that claim! I have never believed it myself, but this research seems to point the way to some sort of focusing of electromagnetic 'waves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-chambers.html

I thought some of you might also be interested.
We visited some time ago,never went in side,our guide advised against it,saying it would be hot. Understandable after going into the tomb of one of the queens.

One thing I find interesting is that they found the Rosetta stone and deciphered the hieroglyphs but yet no clue as been found to how the pyramids were built.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:37 PM

Fascinating stuff .
I believe they were built by aliens too!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Fascinating stuff .
I believe they were built by aliens too!
Yes.

I've seen so much to believe on Star Trek that I'm sure they could have been.

A star ship up in orbit using its transporters to lift all those large stones.

Perfectly feasible.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:44 PM

All fascinating stuff and as we all know humans could never have built the pyramids without the help of aliens

Edited to add, oops sorry Muddy you beat me too it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:49 PM

Actually, I confess to have been joking in post #13

Sorry!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I confess to have been joking in post #13

Sorry!
It did make me wonder...so I decided not to respond
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:36 PM

This is only my opinion and I do not mean to disparage any poster, but I do not believe, not for a single second, that aliens had anything to do with the building of the pyramids.

I have seen most of the pyramids in Egypt and been inside "The Great pyramid of Khufu" and the "Red Pyramid".

I , moreover, believe that attributing alien workmanship to the pyramids is doing a tremendous disservice to the ancient Egyptians. They were as intelligent as we are. And, they had a very long time to figure things out.

Additionally, if we study the previous pyramids we can see numerous failed attempts. In other words, we can "see' them learning. Step by step, failure after failure, we see how they learned from their mistakes, until, finally, tremendous success -- "The Great Pyramid of Khufu"

P.S. I find it amusing that no-one attributes alien workmanship to all of the FAILED pyramids.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:38 PM

I expect most people ( certainly me ) would not know they were failed pyramids rather thinking they were ones that had eroded with time.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:48 PM

I wish I knew how to post photos, but I assure everyone that some of the failed pyramids were not the result of erosion but rather of incomplete knowledge.

If interested, people might look up and study about
the "Bent Pyramid". That bend, is a result of a badly cracking interior, during construction. The builders attempted to correct their mistakes by changing the angle of the stones. Hence, the bend.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Mud ramps were used to build all of those columns in temples - the interior was filled with mud, floor by floor, as it were, as each level of blocks was completed, then,when the temple was finished, all the mud had to be dug out.

Interesting !

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top