Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:19 AM

'Screaming nightmare': William Shatner boldly goes into VR

Wow this sounds very scary!!!

downside of virtual reality?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Re: 'Screaming nightmare': William Shatner boldly goes into VR

Not one of my favourite actors - but what he says in that article does make sense.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:03 AM

I would love a virtual walk on Mars...forget the monsters though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would love a virtual walk on Mars...forget the monsters though.
Me too but I would love to see the monsters.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too but I would love to see the monsters.
A quick trip to Lancashire should sort that out.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:07 PM

When actors think they are scientists (or politicians perhaps even more so), now that's a scary nightmare.

All that virtual reality is cool stuff and has long ben thought of, like movies that have people sitting in chairs and going on virtual vacations. I'd love to go to Paris without having to put up with some of their nonsense....

The problem of course is that it would become just another addiction, a way for people to not actually live their lives.

Then of course there are those who theorize that existence as we know it is all virtual reality or a holographic projection of some nature.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:26 PM

it's simple really - I sit out each morning with the animals drinking my fresh brewed coffee - it's cool - light breeze on my face and then I slowly feel the sun warming up. In the evening I just love to see the sunsets and then feel a similar breeze blowing and the temp falling gradually - the dogs like the back of my hands - can't really be replicated in reality ! nature is always amazing; exciting and rewarding
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:01 PM

I think virtual "zoos" are good, no animals in cages or aquariums, just seeing them in their habitat as if you're there watching them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
it's simple really - I sit out each morning with the animals drinking my fresh brewed coffee - it's cool - light breeze on my face and then I slowly feel the sun warming up. In the evening I just love to see the sunsets and then feel a similar breeze blowing and the temp falling gradually - the dogs like the back of my hands - can't really be replicated in reality ! nature is always amazing; exciting and rewarding
Can't argue with that Gumbud, once you've seen and felt nature at it's best, there will never be a substitute....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top