Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Re: Help with gardeninng

I am sure they probably spread, but I can keep that under control............I wonder if a person can buy The Ontario Wildflower. I better do some research (Trillium)

The white trillium (Trillium grandiflorum), also known as the wake-robin, was officially adopted as Ontario's floral emblem in the 1930's.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
No problem, I throw in some annual seeds too, which gives me different flowers and colours throughout the year. Throw them onto the soil, give a light rake..done and dusted just sit back and watch them grow..
Rehab, you have put so many wonderful ideas into my head. I can hardly wait until next spring, as there are so many beautiful wild flowers around here. Wow, you just throw them on the soil. Now that is my kind of gardening..........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Can you just throw the annual seeds on the ground also, or do you plant those ones?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 04:57 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have decided to go with what Rehab suggested to me, because I don't like gardening that well, this just has to be done...but with his suggestions, even the weeds can't kill them. I love most wild flowers.

Thanks Everyone....

(Filly, since we talked about it already, why don't you just come down anyway, I asked my son and he put it on the calendar, so you and I will go over to Niagara Falls for the day.......unless you would rather go shopping) Maybe next year we can tackle that Rock Garden you left half done. (wink) I really did like what you did so far, I just thought it was getting a little heavy for us, and bending over so much.....

Remember when I usually say to you, that things usually always turn out for me. Here is a prime example. I asked, left it alone...and wow what an idea came up. Love it.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Can you just throw the annual seeds on the ground also, or do you plant those ones?
Thrown them onto lightly raked soil then rake over,
Sorted, it’s that easy.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Got it....thanks Rehab
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Throw in some Scented Night Stocks...a fantastic scent in the evening when you are sitting outside with a glass of wine .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Throw in some Scented Night Stocks...a fantastic scent in the evening when you are sitting outside with a glass of wine .
Well, I know you don't know me Rehab, so I have to say, all your other posts are just wonderful,,,,,,,,

But: strong scents give me a migraine.
And: I don't drink.

but, I can play guitar....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

05-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Rehab, I bought some boxes of the wild flower seeds and the directions are just as you described and I will have them ready for early spring.

They were only $2.00 a box, so that is very reasonable and they look pretty.
The box is a good size, about 2 inches deep and about TWICE the L & W of a deck of cards....there is lots, I got a few boxes....

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

05-11-2018, 04:45 PM

You wil be rewarded in the spring, its a bit late for me to sow my wildflowers so i will be scattering them in the spring All my bulbs are in now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top