Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Habits

We all have them to a certain degree.
My hubby puts the letters to be posted on the doormat, so we don't forget them. He walks around brushing his teeth - strange habit.
I have my habits, I have to plug things in before I have my breakfast, the Wifi booster, the kettle obviously, the landline phone charger.
One of my twins lays all his clothes out for the next day before going to bed, something he picked up from me when he was little. However, his twin brother throws all his clothes on the bedroom floor, ready for me to put in the wash.

Do you have habits?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Re: Habits

Yes I have to check taps, plug sockets and door is locked twice before bed. Not necessarily bad we can at least know everythings turned off and no one can get in. My husband has aspergers and some of his OCD habits have rubbed off on me over the years. He counts lamp posts and cars in car park most annoying luckily those haven't invaded my psyche.
I have one I'm rather ashamed of I pick, I pick my skin I can actually draw blood at times, I don't even know I'm doing it, first I know I suddenly realise I am bleeding and got blood all over my hand. Not a good one and I'm not proud of it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I have to check taps, plug sockets and door is locked twice before bed. Not necessarily bad we can at least know everythings turned off and no one can get in. My husband has aspergers and some of his OCD habits have rubbed off on me over the years. He counts lamp posts and cars in car park most annoying luckily those haven't invaded my psyche.
I have one I'm rather ashamed of I pick, I pick my skin I can actually draw blood at times, I don't even know I'm doing it, first I know I suddenly realise I am bleeding and got blood all over my hand. Not a good one and I'm not proud of it.
We all have them Julie. xxxx
Not sure how to stop the skin picking though.
Use VitE oil to aid healing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:47 PM

I have to stick plasters on them, only a barrier stops me. Some nights I go to bed with more plasters than skin exposed
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:50 PM

I also have to confess to that one.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 02:50 PM

I have to stick plasters on them, only a barrier stops me. Some nights I go to bed with more plasters than skin exposed
Have you thought of some kind of therapy for this Julie?

I have a friend that sometimes self-harms, more with razors so worse. She found therapy helped.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I also have to confess to that one.
OK group therapy. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:57 PM

When you live alone you have your own way of doing things , I suppose you could call them habits.

I like continuity having had very little of it in my lifetime, 'habits ' bring continuity and can be comforting and reassuring
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When you live alone you have your own way of doing things , I suppose you could call them habits.

I like continuity having had very little of it in my lifetime, 'habits ' bring continuity and can be comforting and reassuring
You are quite right Meg, habits are part of us.
I have to make the most of mine before the family stampede gets up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Have you thought of some kind of therapy for this Julie?

I have a friend that sometimes self-harms, more with razors so worse. She found therapy helped.
I had a bit of therapy sweetie but found it made me worse, they kept saying eventually it would get better but I gave up before I did myself real harm !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top