Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Canada Legalises Cannabis...

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have absolutely no time for people who take drugs or drink alcohol to excess. The NHS is overstretched enough without having to cope with the health issues of those who bring them on themselves.
Hi

You have a point, I found my hospital visits decreasing when I cut my alcohol consumption from 3 bottles of vodka a day to just the one.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:20 PM

Great opening post, OGF I agree completely.

I'm surprised that this has actually been passed Canada's government to be honest. How are they going to monitor the fact that there are many different forms cannabis can be processed as? Unless they have one main manufacturer and produce the drug as a stimulant which is relatively harmless, they will end up with everybody growing their own hashish, wacky backy, dope, ganga...you name it. All with different strengths to them.

I guess the majority of people on this forum have never tried cannabis and are merely commenting from what they have heard about marijuana and its offshoots, but yes, I have had cannabis before mostly at rock concerts (and during my time in Her Maj's Forces hush hush!) and it does relax the mood and make people giggly - I reckon Louise Minchin and other breakfast TV presenters are taking it every morning the way they carry on - and is harmless in that context. It just creates a pleasant buzz like alcohol does, but only in small quantities.

But to make it legal anywhere is asking for trouble. As has been said, one of the main issues is driving under the influence and Canada's police will have their work cut out trying to argue with motorists from this day on.

Canada - not a cool idea.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It is supposed to be better than prescribed medication for pain.
It should be available here.
This is definitely true, Carol and for medicinal purposes it should be available yes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Cannabis can cause brain problems, and lead on to people taking even harder drugs.
So does tobacco.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Sorry to hear that.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You've obviously never experienced severe pain then Tara?
We have
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:30 PM

I have suffered severe pain on a number of occasions. I can only take paracetamol all the others disagree with me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-10-2018, 03:37 PM

I have suffered severe pain on a number of occasions. I can only take paracetamol all the others disagree with me.
Wanna nice rubdown, Tara?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wanna nice rubdown, Tara?
*closes eyes*
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:51 PM

I think its high time they legalised it for medicinal purposes. Its been proved to help with such as MS, Ataxia, motor neurone disease and other debilitating illnesses. Those people suffer dreadfully and if they could get some, any kind of relief to their symptoms then I am all for it. I know if I had any of those terrible diseases I would give it a try.

I also think legalising cannabis would put the evil drug dealers out of business who add the lethal additions into the cannabis which is more damaging than pure cannabis.

If people want to have a smoke after a hard stressful day in the privacy of their own home then it's their business. I wouldn't want to smoke it myself but I wouldn't mind trying a space cake, only joking before someone jumps on me

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top