Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 08:58 AM

Disabled penalised further by UC

Yet again the despicable scumbags in the 'nasty party' are forcing through further cut backs in Universal Credit which targets those who are disabled.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8601576.html
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Re: Disabled penalised further by UC

I recently went through the farce that is the assessment for DLA to PIP and of course failed.
The poorest in our society have born the brunt of austerity measures, good news is the worlds billionaires saw their wealth increase by 20 % in fact the world’s 500 richest people have increased their wealth by $1tn (£745bn). I have absolutely nothing against wealth but I do have trouble with disproportionately targeting the poorest and most vulnerable in society to pay for the greed so prevalent in society nowadays.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
I recently went through the farce that is the assessment for DLA to PIP and of course failed.
The poorest in our society have born the brunt of austerity measures, good news is the worlds billionaires saw their wealth increase by 20 % in fact the world’s 500 richest people have increased their wealth by $1tn (£745bn). I have absolutely nothing against wealth but I do have trouble with disproportionately targeting the poorest and most vulnerable in society to pay for the greed so prevalent in society nowadays.
Glenn matey, I was a founder member of a Law Centre and have helped hundreds of claimants establish claims for DLA (I've now retired) - but if you want help in appealing that decision - PM me.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:24 AM

Sometimes ,not always, the poor are that because of themselves. Maybe they skipped school at the learning age, could not be bothered to find a job and lived on government handouts, or worse still to damn lazy to get off their backsides.

I left school with no qualifications but got a job at 15 years old. I was a prime candidate for being one of the above, but NO I found a job, got an apprenticeship off my own back. The youth employment office could only suggest going into the forces, but if Ii found a job let them know

So even at that age it had to be a 5 day 60 hr week as those qualified electricians did that and we had to as well.
So don't let anyone say it can't be done because it can. From then eventually had own business until retire.

it was night school for 2 nights a week ,that meant starting around 5.30am to get firms transport to site and getting home at around 11pm.
then there was day release as well. Finished apprenticeship with an ONC. just under 21years old by then

Yes I got off my arse and did it, so can others.
from then went on to own a business and worked damn hard all my life to get where I am today

So people think I had it all given to me on a plate, far from it. grafted to the extent of being ill at one stage and had to ease up under DR's orders, lost so much weight and I didn't realise it.
Suppose 3 jobs a week was a bit much at one time to save up to get married.

And that is just a small part of my life to give some idea. Got engaged and we didn't go out anywhere, walked to each others houses. No weekends off , No holidays for 18 months
Just once to celebrate our engagement with the families.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-10-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sometimes ,not always, the poor are that because of themselves. Maybe they skipped school at the learning age, could not be bothered to find a job and lived on government handouts, or worse still to damn lazy to get off their backsides.

I left school with no qualifications but got a job at 15 years old. I was a prime candidate for being one of the above, but NO I found a job, got an apprenticeship off my own back. The youth employment office could only suggest going into the forces, but if Ii found a job let them know

So even at that age it had to be a 5 day 60 hr week as those qualified electricians did that and we had to as well.
So don't let anyone say it can't be done because it can. From then eventually had own business until retire.

it was night school for 2 nights a week ,that meant starting around 5.30am to get firms transport to site and getting home at around 11pm.
then there was day release as well. Finished apprenticeship with an ONC. just under 21years old by then

Yes I got off my arse and did it, so can others.
from then went on to own a business and worked damn hard all my life to get where I am today

So people think I had it all given to me on a plate, far from it. grafted to the extent of being ill at one stage and had to ease up under DR's orders, lost so much weight and I didn't realise it.
Suppose 3 jobs a week was a bit much at one time to save up to get married.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and you got up at 03.00 every morning and fed and milked the cows before going on to do a full days work as an apprenticed electrician too. We can't all be electricians though can we???
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yeah, yeah, yeah and you got up at 03.00 every morning and fed and milked the cows before going on to do a full days work as an apprenticed electrician too. We can't all be electricians though can we???
Sorry Joe but there are far too many people who do not want to work, I live in a less affluent part of Edinburgh and know quite a few people who more than capable of working but can use the system and criminal activities, drug dealing is the crime of choice round here, to live a reasonable lifestyle.

But I also know of genuine claimants who don't understand the system getting penalised. There is no easy solution.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:39 AM

UJ

Again you are just showing up yourself with stupid remarks.
If you must reply then do it in a grown up manner, not as infantile as you seem to manage
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Well we are on benefit now, we have both worked since our teens many hours a week, but since my husbands accident he can't work. I am still doing a little cleaning job so our benefit is less than it could be but I'm not giving up until I have to.

It was hard going to get any money out of them, made me laugh when one bright soul realised my husband was in a facility so might not need any money at all, sat there for hours waiting to see a supervisor and to get our housing benefit reistated, because where was I and our daughter supposed to live if they wouldn't pay our rent ? Getting it paid now they didn't seem keen on a disabled person heading to the newspapers.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well we are on benefit now, we have both worked since our teens many hours a week, but since my husbands accident he can't work. I am still doing a little cleaning job so our benefit is less than it could be but I'm not giving up until I have to.

It was hard going to get any money out of them, made me laugh when one bright soul realised my husband was in a facility so might not need any money at all, sat there for hours waiting to see a supervisor and to get our housing benefit reistated, because where was I and our daughter supposed to live if they wouldn't pay our rent ? Getting it paid now they didn't seem keen on a disabled person heading to the newspapers.

Well done Julie darlin' !!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Thank you UJ my inner protective lioness came out I quite surprised myself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top