Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Re: Hope for Laboratory Animals

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree, Mups. The sooner it is stopped the better.

I also agree with JBR - test things on murderers instead - and before anyone screams 'Human Rights' - in my book they have forfeited any rights by doing the crime that landed them in gaol.
Id go along with these comments also most definately!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't have a problem with using animals for medical experimentation, we eat them and use their skins for clothing, so what is the difference? Often it is rats and mice which are used, as they are vermin, and should be put down anyway, if they can be useful, so much the better.
Missing the point, as always.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
missing the point, as always.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Missing the point, as always.
What am I missing?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:46 PM

I don't have a problem with using animals for medical experimentation, we eat them and use their skins for clothing, so what is the difference? Often it is rats and mice which are used, as they are vermin, and should be put down anyway, if they can be useful, so much the better.

Tara, you are just showing not only how little you know, but how little you care also.

These are the most common animals used:

We look at the top 10 animals used for experiments:

Flies. ...
Worms. ...
Mice and Rats. ...
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Other Rodents. ...
Fish. ...
Cats. ...
Dogs. ...
Primates.

So bang goes your "mostly mice and rats" theory for a start.

Secondly, - not that you would care of course - but although meat and skins are used, the unfortunate animals are no longer alive, nothing like the same as live animals, horrifically tortured every day of their lives, with no hope of escape..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tara, you are just showing not only how little you know, but how little you care also.

These are the most common animals used:

We look at the top 10 animals used for experiments:

Flies. ...
Worms. ...
Mice and Rats. ...
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Other Rodents. ...
Fish. ...
Cats. ...
Dogs. ...
Primates.

So bang goes your "mostly mice and rats" theory for a start.

Secondly, - not that you would care of course - but although meat and skins are used, the unfortunate animals are no longer alive, nothing like the same as live animals, horrifically tortured every day of their lives, with no hope of escape..
I am well aware of the different animals used for medical experimentation. Maybe one day it might not be necessary to use them, but until that time I have no problem whatsoever with their use. The human species is a million times more important than that of the others, and I make no apology for saying so.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:14 PM

Some humans are worth less than the animals mentioned including flies, there are plenty of people could be used, probably some would volunteer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:18 PM

I am well aware of the different animals used for medical experimentation. Maybe one day it might not be necessary to use them, but until that time I have no problem whatsoever with their use. The human species is a million times more important than that of the others, and I make no apology for saying so.

A million more times ey.

Sometimes you disgust me Tara.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A million more times ey.

Sometimes you disgust me Tara.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-10-2018, 05:27 PM

You'd do better to start praying you don't come back as a Laboratory animal next time round - with me as the scientist in charge.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top