Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:10 PM

A sign of common sense at last?

Police Chief Sara Thornton has come out and said that police activities should be concentrating on actual crime catching thieves and investigating crimes of violence and not incidences where no crime has been committed, these include logging such things as gender-based `hate crimes'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46053069

It's about time that someone spoke about what police priorities should be.

Any thoughts?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:29 PM

Re: A sign of common sense at last?

It bothers me that some males might get away with touching women up and generally sexually intimidating them. They have got away with it for far too long in the past.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:33 PM

They aren't going to stop investigating crimes T just the mad idea a wolf whistle or someone with an awkward attitude to social norms is committing a crime.

Really it's just common sense we have to get back to a point we prioritise safety not simply people taking offense.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:37 PM

The Police should be allowed to do their jobs of actually fighting serious crimes without being hampered with reams of paperwork and red tape would be a start.
Makes me sick when people are so quick to blame them,they cant do right.
It seems as if they cant move for PCness ...They need to prioritise .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
The Police should be allowed to do their jobs of actually fighting serious crimes without being hampered with reams of paperwork and red tape would be a start.
Makes me sick when people are so quick to blame them,they cant do right.
It seems as if they cant move for PCness ...They need to prioritise .
I don't disagree but I think they have done that to them selves, most people support them if they genuinely fight crime. In fact Iv'e seen more people complain they won't get involved than they do.

Biggest problem and I am not sure what the answer is these days is lack of numbers. We lost our village police station a while ago then our town police station, now we are advised to email them they will try and get back to us when they have time !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't disagree but I think they have done that to them selves, most people support them if they genuinely fight crime. In fact Iv'e seen more people complain they won't get involved than they do.

Biggest problem and I am not sure what the answer is these days is lack of numbers. We lost our village police station a while ago then our town police station, now we are advised to email them they will try and get back to us when they have time !
Definately agree with that comment Julie...cuts to their numbers have had a major impact on what they can do .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Police Chief Sara Thornton has come out and said that police activities should be concentrating on actual crime catching thieves and investigating crimes of violence and not incidences where no crime has been committed, these include logging such things as gender-based `hate crimes'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46053069

It's about time that someone spoke about what police priorities should be.

Any thoughts?
Couldn't agree more...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Should be more police, enough to do the job properly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:31 PM

In my experience, they don't always get on with things that are more serious, let alone dealing with silly things like wolf whistles!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:47 PM

Mine too Mups .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top