Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: Neil Young confirms marriage to Daryl Hannah

Music like sense of humour is subjective surely ? we all like what we like and no one will ever persuade us different. One completely puzzles me is Paul McCartney only song I ever liked that he did was the frog chorus but others think he's the bees knees.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Music like sense of humour is subjective surely ? we all like what we like and no one will ever persuade us different. One completely puzzles me is Paul McCartney only song I ever liked that he did was the frog chorus but others think he's the bees knees.
I'm definitely staying away from this one. Oh dear.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:41 PM

Climbed up on the wagon behind Crosby, Stills and Nash in my opinion!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Climbed up on the wagon behind Crosby, Stills and Nash in my opinion!
Do your homework. Young was in Buffalo Springfield with Stephen Stills in the mid-60's, well before CSN forrned their band. But you wouldn't have bothered finding that out before your ignorant post would you, Purwell?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-11-2018, 06:01 PM

Anyway, whilst I'm sitting here trying to educate people on Neil Young, back to topic (McCartney??).

I'm sure Young and Daryl Hannah are very happy together
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Do your homework. Young was in Buffalo Springfield with Stephen Stills in the mid-60's, well before CSN forrned their band. But you wouldn't have bothered finding that out before your ignorant post would you, Purwell?
Don't get off your bike son, I'll pick your pump up.
What happened to your sense of humour?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-11-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Don't get off your bike son, I'll pick your pump up.
What happened to your sense of humour?
I'm merely putting you right as your facts are incorrect. Stick to politics pal if you're looking for a sense of humour lol!
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

01-11-2018, 06:31 PM

The thing is we all enjoy different genres in different ways.

As a music lover myself I would never critique the music of someone whose music I didn't like or can't hear the joy of, life is just too short.

There are bands and singers who I don't like but invariably there can be a song by them somewhere along the line that I've loved and even bought.

Neil Young's Harvest Moon is one of those songs.

Bob Dylan's voice hurts my ears but I've liked a few of his songs by other people who make them more accessible for me.

I note Paul McCartney was mentioned earlier in the thread as someone not liked but for one song, it seems to be a common thing. As for myself, I'm a completist where Macca is concerned. I also love Brian Wilson whose music has been a soundtrack to my life.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:55 PM

Oh is this a Neil Young music thread yippy therefore I'll tell you all about it:

I was his biggest fan 69-75, had all 8 of his first solo LPs.

But we move on ...

Favourite Lyric:

Well I woke up in the morning.
With an arrow through my nose.
There was an Indian in the corner.
Tryin' on my clothes.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 07:22 PM

What makes it newsworthy?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top