Join for free
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:45 AM

Re: If you could ask god one question

I would have to ask ....why do people who don't believe in God keep bringing up the subject of God
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:47 AM

I would have to ask him .... Who were his parents?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I would have to ask ....why do people who don't believe in God keep bringing up the subject of God
What do you think the answer, if any, would be?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I would have to ask him .... Who were his parents?
Mary and Joseph? Or were they the parents of another product of marvellous fiction?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mary and Joseph? Or were they the parents of another product of marvellous fiction?
Another paradox. Mary and Joseph were the parents of Jesus who was the son of god.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Another paradox. Mary and Joseph were the parents of Jesus who was the son of god.
Who were God's parents?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-11-2018, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Who were God's parents?
He was eternal. Allegedly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:24 AM

If you are the alpha and the omega then you don't have parents. Only humans have parents.

Most people have a misconception of God. God is the life force, not a human on our level. It is an interpretation of the energy of creation, the power of the universe, the laws of nature, cutting through the crap of wishy washy imaginary beings. Unfathomable and incomprehensible to us. What has misled everyone is the bit in Genesis that says we are made in God's image.

Humans do not deal well with the intangible. You cannot dialogue directly with God (per the definition above), we are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-11-2018, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you are the alpha and the omega then you don't have parents. Only humans have parents.

Most people have a misconception of God. God is the life force, not a human on our level.
That's your belief and I respect that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That's your belief and I respect that.
It's a point of view. I have many beliefs but they are not fixed in stone. I don't see how anyone could get to the bottom of such a conundrum given our limited intellect. But if you are looking at alpha and omega then you have no beginning and end. You are infinite. Doesn't that go through science, yet it was in an ancient text. Does that not tell us that we have taken thousands of years to work out something that was there all the time?

Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top